🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > MobyGames > Typo on contribute screen

Ƒreddƴ (5833) on 9/26/2012 8:01 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

on the http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/contribute/screenshot screen it shows BREAK BREAK in the text... by BREAK I mean the br tag

If there are any comments about this submission that you want to record, do so here. The person approving your entry will be able to see your comments. BREAK BREAK To speed up the approval process, include your Sources when possible so we can verify the entire entry. Sources are where you found the information and website links with information about this submission (Developer/Publisher pages, press releases etc.).

Sciere (930488) on 9/26/2012 8:08 PM · Permalink · Report

I think that's a hardcoded part of the site, can't find it as editable text.

Cavalary (11445) on 9/27/2012 12:58 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Don't think it was there last year, appeared some months ago I think... Or maybe appeared last year, but wasn't there before that. Either way, there was a time when that piece of text was expanded and that ended up there.

There are a few more, but just been ignoring them and now can't remember where they popped up...

Edit: Meanwhile, three misspellings:
- When you pull something from queue: "The selected item has been removed from the approval queue, and it's status has been changed to Work In Progress."
- When you resubmit: "This item was sent back to you by an approver. This usually happens for one of two reasons. The submission might have errors and/or ommisions that need to be corrected or the approver might have a question about the submission."
- In the dictionary warning: "It is possible that some of the words highlighted in red were misspelled. Please review the suggestions, and make any corrections that you need to. If words are highligted in error, leave them and an approver will update the dictionary when they review this entry."

And somebody changing idea in mid-sentence, in the text after you submit: "Your submission has been submitted to our review staff. You should hear back from our them as soon as they are able to look over your entry. Please make sure to check the homepage for any notifications concerning your contributions."

Still haven't found the one I was looking for though :p