🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > MobyGames > Survival Horror

Indra was here (20755) on 2/26/2014 1:44 PM · Permalink · Report

Is the survival horror applicable for a turned based text adventure type (actually it's strategy) game? Currently attempting to add Zafehouse: Diaries. Which strangely enough is the closest thing to King of Dragon Pass I've seen so far.

Indra was here (20755) on 2/26/2014 2:10 PM · Permalink · Report

Also feel weird about adding fantasy to a modern zombie game.

vedder (70822) on 2/26/2014 2:45 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Depending on the lore it could also be science fiction :)

Our Surival Horror genre is meant to refer to Resident Evil-esque games only I think. I already fell into that trap once.

Indra was here (20755) on 2/26/2014 3:12 PM · Permalink · Report

Scratch survivor horror then. Sci-fi doesn't work, no lasers. :p Wish there was a contemporary fantasy genre, this is confusing. Post-apocalyptic seems to work for now I think.

vedder (70822) on 2/26/2014 5:30 PM · Permalink · Report

Lasers are so 1960s, I'd tag games with lasers with the historical theme if we had one :P

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 2/26/2014 8:08 PM · Permalink · Report

I think Leadlight is a text adventure survival horror...

Rola (8483) on 2/26/2014 8:17 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

You ranted so long about "adventure", "RPG"... and I despise the "survival horror" being a genre. It's on the same level as "4X", merely a gameplay variation (of Resident Evil... because nobody called that "Alone in the Dark" when it came out).

Zombies? We have a group for those: "Theme: Zombies".

Were they created by magic? = Fantasy

Mutation? Virus? = Sci-Fi

Indra was here (20755) on 2/26/2014 9:16 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Rola wrote--]... and I despise the "survival horror" being a genre. [/Q --end Rola wrote--]Ranted about that by a few years ago. But no one listens to me... :p

formercontrib (157510) on 2/26/2014 9:18 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Indra was here wrote--] [Q2 --start Rola wrote--]... and I despise the "survival horror" being a genre. [/Q2 --end Rola wrote--]Ranted about that by a few years ago. But no one listens to me... :p [/Q --end Indra was here wrote--]

Heho! The very very first time that no one listens to you... don't worry, bleib lockig!