🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > MobyGames > Part-time coder

Nélio (1976) on 11/15/2014 12:33 PM · Permalink · Report

Hi everyone!

First of all, so sorry that I've been away for quite some time. Not only I've been very busy with work stuff, but all the time that I had to dedicate to Moby in the last few months was spent talking to Reed and Simon about becoming a part-time coder and trying to install a local version of the site on my machine to take a look at everything.

After a somewhat painful process, we finally managed to get it working and I'm now able to change and test things. We're now discussing the exact format of my collaboration but pretty soon I should start dedicating some hours, every month, to work on Moby. Simple things at first, not only because I still need to learn my way around, but mostly to prevent me from breaking something in the database.

Please be patient, keep those suggestions and bugs coming in, and at least some of those will be taken care over time. Whenever an important change or addition goes into the pipeline we'll request your opinion, so keep an eye on the forums.

Also, keep your expectations low (ok, I know they're pretty low already), because my availability varies and diving into all this code is quite challenging for someone who had no prior contact with it.

Thanks!

chirinea (47495) on 11/15/2014 2:21 PM · Permalink · Report

Great, Nélio! There are several minor changes we've been waiting for, so we can probably keep you busy for the next decade only with the stuff already organized by Indra. =P Boa sorte na empreitada!

Fred VT (25953) on 11/15/2014 2:30 PM · Permalink · Report

If you know which are the quickest to do and most useful changes, we should be very very happy ;)

Patrick Bregger (301024) on 11/15/2014 3:24 PM · Permalink · Report

Hm, this just reminds me that me missed the first-year anniversary of awesomeness.

Alex Z (1856) on 11/15/2014 8:58 PM · Permalink · Report

Congrats, Nélio!

Indra was here (20755) on 11/15/2014 9:44 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

This means I'm technically Nelio's intern now. :p finishes up bug reports

vileyn0id_8088 (21040) on 11/16/2014 9:09 AM · Permalink · Report

Excellent. I'm encouraged by the fact that you've looked at the code and evidently haven't turned to stone yet.

Simon Carless (1834) on 11/18/2014 10:30 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks again to Nelio for this! We're still working out how much can be done, but first code should be committed soon and we'll take it from there!