🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > MobyGames > What to do with unpublished mobyranks?

Cavalary (11445) on 11/27/2014 1:23 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

An odd situation here. Of course, since we don't actually have the game on here, not exactly relevant at the moment, but just wondering how this works:
After posting their review to Assassin's Creed Unity on the Nivelul2 site, where the old team from Level magazine (Ro) regrouped after the plug was pulled on that, they mentioned their long AC4 review which was written for what was supposed to be the Dec 2013 - Jan 2014 issue of Level, which was finished but never published because the plug was pulled before that could happen, and one of them posted a link to said review, with a disclaimer saying he acts on his own and not in the name of the others (though the author was quick to post he fully supports the action as well, but of course the issue is they're not the ones with the copyright really).
So, though like I said we don't have the game here to really matter now, what'd be the protocol in such cases? Does that count as a submittable review or not? And if so, with what date?

vedder (70793) on 11/27/2014 1:45 PM · Permalink · Report

Can't hurt. I'd add it under the release date the issue would have had. We could put something like [unreleased issue] at the top of the abstract to show it was never released.

Patrick Bregger (301024) on 11/27/2014 3:54 PM · Permalink · Report

Contribute it and set the date to when the review was "leaked".

Cavalary (11445) on 11/27/2014 9:21 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Alrighty, done.

And that was fast, for the PC/X360/XO edition. Or I just missed it before?

PS: https still not allowed in URLs... I'm sure it's somewhere in the bug reports, so not adding there again.