🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > MobyGames > How did this get into promo art?

MrFlibble (18234) on 2/19/2019 10:58 AM · Permalink · Report

As far as I can tell, these are just game world maps stitched together from screenshots by a fan (according to website these come from, at least):

I include below links to online maps that I have made myself, through screen capturing using the pentagram engine. Also, animated gifs of the game, made by me with online resources. [emphasis added]

With all due respect to Karsa Orlong who contributed these, I cannot understand why this should be included in the promo art section. Isn't it reserved for official materials like screenshots, artwork, renders and wallpapers as released by the developers?

Kennyannydenny (128164) on 2/19/2019 3:19 PM · Permalink · Report

Yeah, as far as I know the promo art section is indeed only for screenshots, etc. made by the developers°publishers themselves, not user made screenshots.

jaXen (261015) on 2/19/2019 7:57 PM · Permalink · Report

From the moby standards:

Promotional Art is official artwork, generally released to promote a game, such as official screenshots from the game's publisher, concept art, official wallpaper, or images from press kits.

So no fan made stuff up to now.

MAT (240968) on 2/20/2019 12:41 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Yes, if these are fan made, then they're not promo art... well, even if the art is made to promote the game, it's not OFFICIAL promo art, so shouldn't be added.

EDIT: I WIP-ed them all back. It would seem that even Karsa wasn't sure about the source of those when he submitted them (except the URL he got them from), according to his comment to approver during submission.