Join our Discord to chat with fellow friendly gamers and our knowledgeable contributors!

antstream
Forum Search  
View Mode: threaded | watch thread

General question about games with credits missing images/scans

Mtik333 (5813) on Nov 01, 2020

Hello.

I know this overall "wonder" might sound stupid, but recently I came through credits for UEFA Euro 2000 that seemed to be very old and have no supporting images, according to Rwolf.

Now my question is: is there any kind of list of games that have credits submitted without any images/scans? I believe there is one point in history of MobyGames when it was decided that uploading screenshots with submission is required (servers capacity made it possible or whatever else was the main reason). Is it possible to list such games somehow? I didn't check if someone asked for that already, I guess I should...

Obviously if it requires too much work (or is something that I cannot do on my own), then maybe there is a way to say: credits submitted from start of MobyGames to X date do not have images/scans/links to them because it was not required at this time and these MIGHT require rework.

By the way: is the link to Blue Flame Labs (https://blueflamelabs.com/) intended to display "Site not found"?

Re: General question about games with credits missing images/scans

vedder (53694) on Nov 01, 2020

Don't know of a way to find credits with no proper source, but you can look at games starting with a low ID https://www.mobygames.com/game/1 and work your way up if you feel dedicated.

Mtik333 (5813) on Nov 01, 2020

Thanks, that is a good idea, not sure if we can say "games with first ids" are more or less equal to "games without image/scan-based credits", but maybe that makes sense for now.

vedder (53694) on Nov 01, 2020

Yeah of course it doesn't mean they'll have unsourced credits, but it'll make it more likely at least.

Freeman (64301) on Nov 01, 2020

No, at this time I don't believe there's any way of telling which games lack source images (other than manually checking the back-end). For some early titles, there isn't even a source listed which can cause problems when the credits on file differ from both the in-game & manual credits.

You're right about the BFL site; the last archived site seems to be from August 4.

Foxhack (31124) on Nov 01, 2020

It's weird because I've been doing tons of credit additions and have updated some early submissions of mine that -have no info- and I am DAMN SURE I added photos and comments back then.

I've also noticed some credit submissions that seem like they would have tons of images only have a couple.

Mtik333 (5813) on Nov 02, 2020

OK, I understand it. I don't want to push anything here, I saw the current "goal"; my post was more like a general question if such part of credits' "potentially wrong" data is maybe tracked.

Then, I'll just focus on contributing to things I can contribute.

(Edited by Mtik333 (5813), Nov 02, 2020)