🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > MobyGames > Credit updates for live service games years later?

Max Nichols (105) on 4/17/2021 11:26 PM · Permalink · Report

So I was looking at Destiny 2, and it appears that it's credits are posted on this site as they were when the game released, years ago. If you open the game and watch the credits now, they're organized differently and have hundreds of new names.

They are unfortunately not organized by release/dlc/expansion at all - there are people who were on the original dev team and left the studio years ago whose names are listed alongside people who joined recently and only worked on the latest expansion.

Is there a process or best practices for updating credits on a live game like this?

Rwolf (22826) on 4/17/2021 11:50 PM · Permalink · Report

The credits for the later expansions could perhaps be added to separate entries for those DLC:s own credits if it is possible to separate them. If the expansions is bundled with the base game, and not available as a separate item, maybe the combined credits can be added just for the bundle if there is a game entry for that.

(The situation could be similar for the IL-2 forgotten battles 'Ace expansion pack', which did not have separate credits listed; I think the base game and expansion credits was merged/replaced with a new list, and theoretically one could try to separate the names, but it is difficult to know who worked on what.)

Not sure what best practice would be here.

Max Nichols (105) on 4/18/2021 1:23 AM · Permalink · Report

I do think that submitting the credits for the different expansions, etc would be best, but unfortunately Bungie has never published credits that split names up like that, so it's impossible to provide evidence (usually live service game studios don't do a good job internally of keep track of who works on which releases, since usually many are in development in parallel).

I suppose I could try to just submit all the new credits as a correction to the existing credits.

S Olafsson (59678) on 4/18/2021 10:08 AM · Permalink · Report

I’d say add them as a separate group to maintain the original credits.