🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > MobyGames > submitted review but got no feedback o_O ?

Nicholas Steel (25) on 10/20/2007 3:10 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

i submitted a review for the DOS game "Milo the Fuel Run" by Harrow Software. i have not received any word on its status and it has been quiet a few months now.

searching for it yields 0 results and it was submitted July, 19, 2007. (or there abouts)

Ace of Sevens (4479) on 10/20/2007 3:44 PM · Permalink · Report

Click your name at the top, then look at the approval status of submitted items. Is it in there? The waiting list for DOS games is only a couple weeks.

DJP Mom (11333) on 10/20/2007 4:23 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Is the game the review is for in the system? Not coming up for me...How could you submit a review for a game not in the system? Unless I'm searching wrong.

Indra was here (20755) on 10/21/2007 10:50 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start franpa wrote--]i submitted a review for the DOS game "Milo the Fuel Run" by Harrow Software. [/Q --end franpa wrote--]

Well, it's not on the approver queue. Check your "Show approval status of items contributed". Accessible via your rapsheet --> Informational (at the bottom).

DJP Mom (11333) on 10/22/2007 12:28 AM · Permalink · Report

So, did you submit a game or a review?

Nicholas Steel (25) on 10/26/2007 7:33 AM · Permalink · Report

i submitted a review after someone else with greater powers added the company to the list. since then i have received nothing at all in regards to it.

i have the game on my website if anyone wants to look at it.

DJP Mom (11333) on 10/26/2007 11:35 AM · Permalink · Report

There are no games listed for the company. I would think that you can't submit a review of a game that is not in the database without submitting the game itself first...somebody correct me if that's wrong, please!

Servo (57070) on 10/26/2007 3:02 PM · Permalink · Report

Correct, unless it's a bug that hasn't been noticed before you can't submit reviews for a game that isn't in the database yet. I just checked the PC queue and there are currently no reviews pending approval. Does it show up if you click on your user name in the upper right, then select "Show approval status of items contributed"?

Corn Popper (69027) on 10/26/2007 3:29 PM · Permalink · Report

The game is not in the system and not even submitted at all

and there is nothing in is contributions

so, submit the game, wait for it to be approved and then submit a review

Indra was here (20755) on 10/26/2007 4:30 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Why do I now have this odd suspicion he sent the review to MG via email? :p

Nicholas Steel (25) on 11/2/2007 11:16 PM · Permalink · Report

i didnt email anyone, nor did i realize the game has to be submitted o_O, all i did was fill in the form and hit submit.

http://www.mobygames.com/info/contribute

DJP Mom (11333) on 11/2/2007 11:23 PM · Permalink · Report

Now I'm really confused! Do you mean you rated a game?

Nicholas Steel (25) on 11/2/2007 11:38 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

@_@ maybe i added the game (does that make more sense?) and wrote a mini review on what the game is about and listed the powerups in the game description....

sorry if im not that active here, i've been forgetting about this.

DJP Mom (11333) on 11/2/2007 11:54 PM · Permalink · Report

Ok, well, it doesn't seem to be anywhere to be found, from what the approvers are saying, sorry :-) Are you willing to submit it again? On the top left, under User Actions, there is a link to add a game that pretty much walks you through the process. I like to get all my information together beforehand: Title, platform, date/country of release, publisher and developer company names, screenshots if you want to submit some, etc. Just try it - it gets easier every time :-)

Nicholas Steel (25) on 11/3/2007 12:43 AM · Permalink · Report

i re-submitted it just then, im pretty sure its not as good as it was since i didnt backup the original review but its still pretty good.

Nicholas Steel (25) on 11/3/2007 9:19 AM · Permalink · Report

just wondering if someone can confirm its in the que or whatever? its annoying finding out it got deleted months ago.

Sciere (930490) on 11/3/2007 9:58 AM · Permalink · Report

It's in the queue now.

Nicholas Steel (25) on 11/3/2007 11:24 PM · Permalink · Report

thanks, my spelling sucked last night tho @_@