Forums > MobyGames > New currency for lists?

Daniel Saner (3503) on 5/22/2008 7:14 PM · Permalink · Report

What are the criteria for a currency to be included in the list of available currencies for managing have lists? I would like to vote for the inclusion of "CHF - Swiss Francs" :)

Corn Popper (69030) on 5/22/2008 9:05 PM · Permalink · Report

added

Xoleras (66143) on 5/22/2008 9:27 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

There aren't any "criteria" to met, it's simply whether there is demand for it or not. For example, last time I checked this, there was even at least one now obsolete currency there. If an admin sees that, he might add it, otherwise you can PM Corn Popper and he will surely add it. :)

Note: this does not only apply to currencies, but also to countries. If someone needs a country to be added (i.e. for user location), don't hesitate to ask! There is no need to use an "adjacent" country simply because yours is not on file. Just ask. :)

And maybe we can drive South Africa out of Europe one day. :)

EDIT: well, I shouldn't go afk while writing a post ;)

Dae (7182) on 5/27/2008 10:49 PM · Permalink · Report

Would it be possible to add "Finnish Mark" to the list? I've bought a lot of my games before Finland changed its currency to the euro. I currently have to use Danish Mark to differentiate my older purchases from the newer ones.

Игги Друге (46654) on 5/27/2008 10:56 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Daedolon wrote--]Would it be possible to add "Finnish Mark" to the list? I've bought a lot of my games before Finland changed its currency to the euro. I currently have to use Danish Mark to differentiate my older purchases from the newer ones. [/Q --end Daedolon wrote--] Danish Mark? That must have been used in the 18th century, if such a thing existed.

Xoleras (66143) on 5/27/2008 11:03 PM · Permalink · Report

He probably means Germany's old currency, the D-Mark. ;-)

Dae (7182) on 5/27/2008 11:04 PM · Permalink · Report

Lol. Yes.

Never knew it was called D-Mark.

Xoleras (66143) on 5/28/2008 9:54 AM · Permalink · Report

The official term was Deutsche Mark, but was commonly known in Germany (and probably in the other German speaking countries) as D-Mark.

By the way, Rob, could you change PLN - zloty into złoty?

Dae (7182) on 5/28/2008 10:10 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Oliver Jahn wrote--]was commonly known in Germany (and probably in the other German speaking countries) as D-Mark.[/Q --end Oliver Jahn wrote--]

There we go.

Anyway, I'm not sure how many users there would be for Finnish Mark, but I'd definately want to list my older purchases in Marks instead of Euros since there's a huge difference.

Xoleras (66143) on 5/28/2008 11:45 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

As said before, there aren't any criteria to met; if it's needed it will be added. :)

But don't expect it to display as i.e. 50 mk, it will display as 50 FIM, as it uses the ISO 4217 code for obsolete currencies. ;-)

By the way, at the time I asked Rob to add the D-Mark, I thought it would be good to add it that way, though of course it could also be renamed into German Mark.