Join our Discord to chat with fellow friendly gamers and our knowledgeable contributors!

antstream
Forum Search  
View Mode: threaded | watch thread

Finally a pirate game!

Indra was here (20870) on Mar 17, 2010

So I was trying to find a pirate games that technically would fulfill a pirates dream: a less arcade version of Sid Meier's Pirates! Found one. Age of Pirates 2 (apparently not yet in the database).

Combat is less pleasurable than ol'Sid (due to lacking visual perspectives) but you can have a whole 3D armada of ships battle at once. Yay!

Re: Finally a pirate game!

Slug Camargo (589) on Mar 17, 2010

What do you mean by "less arcade"? Because I have a feeling that word doesn't mean what it used to in my youth.

Also, as every time a thread mentioning games about pirates pop up, I have to ask: When THE FUCK are we gonna get a good, Prince of Persia-style action game about pirates? Am I the only one seeing the potential for such a thing? Why do we have a dozen stupid Middle Earth-style fantasy games and twenty retarded shooters about space marine every FUCKING year, and the only game about pirates in the entire history of gaming is a spreadsheet simulator?

Goddamnit >=(

(Edited by Slug Camargo (589), Mar 17, 2010)

vedder (54391) on Mar 17, 2010

Err, Monkey Island?

Slug Camargo (589) on Mar 17, 2010

Ah, an outstanding platformer =P

Okay, okay, there are two games about pirates then, but you know what I mean. Ever since the new prince started sliding down banners and curtains with his dagger, it's simply impossible someone didn't think that such a feat belongs in a game pirate story. I know most game developers are stupid, but they can't be THAT stupid.

And by the way, I'm talking about a good game, if possible, so please refrain from mentioning the Pirates of the Caribbean one +o(

Parf (7785) on Mar 18, 2010

Check out Sea Pirates game group maybe?

Zeppin (8409) on Mar 18, 2010

Parf Wrote:

This brings to light the alarming realization that there is no "Space Pirates game group".

Indra was here (20870) on Mar 18, 2010

Zeppin Wrote:
Parf Wrote:

This brings to light the alarming realization that there is no "Space Pirates game group".

I forgot about that when I wrote it up. Somewhat lost interest though. :p

Spenot (8671) on Mar 22, 2010

Or Pirates: The Legend of Black Kat? Huh, are these two games related, or it's pure coincidence that they just share really similar titles?

I also remember some sort of sleek looking, cartoony pirate action-adventure game being developed, but being canceled at the last minute. So, at least some developers are still thinking about the idea :P.

Also, on the topic of pirate adventure games, has anyone played Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island? How is it?

Pseudo_Intellectual (63606) on Mar 18, 2010

I would say that Claw kind of fits your demand, but get the feeling that the two PoPs we're describing (out of the three possible) are different games.

Indra was here (20870) on Mar 18, 2010

Slug Camargo Wrote:
What do you mean by "less arcade"?

Also, as every time a thread mentioning games about pirates pop up, I have to ask: When THE FUCK are we gonna get a good, Prince of Persia-style action game about pirates?

Less arcade? More or less games too complicated for you, mate. :)
Besides, aren't you too old to play platformers? Muahahaha!

Ah, Prince...don't say that name. Gives me migranes. :p

(Edited by Indra was here (20870), Mar 18, 2010)

chirinea (46717) on Mar 19, 2010

Now, you read a thread titled "Finally a pirate game!" from Indra and what do you think? Irony? Sarcasm? =D

Parf (7785) on Mar 19, 2010

That was my initial reaction as well. ;)

Indra was here (20870) on Mar 20, 2010

Parf Wrote:
That was my initial reaction as well. ;)

Mine too apparently after I re-read the title. :)
I do apologize for the break from habit.

(Edited by Indra was here (20870), Mar 20, 2010)