🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Talk > Duke Nukem Forever has a release date: 05/03/2011

chirinea (47495) on 1/21/2011 6:07 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Here.

Sciere (930488) on 1/21/2011 6:46 PM · Permalink · Report

I know Brazil is quite far, but a two-month timezone is just impressive.

chirinea (47495) on 1/21/2011 10:28 PM · Permalink · Report

LOL! Blame the month/day/year system (which we don't use here). I got confused and entered the day twice!

Rola (8483) on 1/22/2011 12:39 AM · Permalink · Report

...so the world is going to end one year earlier?

Indra was here (20755) on 1/22/2011 7:17 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Rola wrote--]...so the world is going to end one year earlier? [/Q --end Rola wrote--]No. It'll still take Duke several months to blast everything to kingdom come. So Armageddon will still be in 2012, one way or the other.

Adzuken (836) on 1/22/2011 5:13 PM · Permalink · Report

The new box art is pretty awful. Are we supposed to be looking up at him, or is he crowd surfing? The background doesn't really support the perspective. But, whatever. At least they didn't just slap a high-resolution model on the box and call it a day.

Robert 'Bob' Jackson on 1/22/2011 10:24 PM · Permalink · Report

OMG! It really is gonna be releaced in 2011 http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/dukenukemforever/index.html been waiting forever but me Bob_thegamepro is gonna PRO THIS GAME!!!

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 1/22/2011 11:58 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Robert 'Bob' Jackson wrote--]OMG! It really is gonna be releaced in 2011 http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/dukenukemforever/index.html been waiting forever but me Bob_thegamepro is gonna PRO THIS GAME!!! [/Q --end Robert 'Bob' Jackson wrote--]

"Me bob"? Do you mean yourself in the third person, or is it like "My Lord!" only "My Bob!" Sorry, that's all I think of when I see the word Bob anymore. ;)

Still, I think I'll check out DNF if only to own a piece of gaming history.

Zovni (10504) on 1/23/2011 12:56 AM · Permalink · Report

Yah boiiiiii let's PRO dis game yo!

Slug Camargo (583) on 1/23/2011 3:57 AM · Permalink · Report

Sweet lard, is gamespot doing so bad they need to come spam their posts in other website's forums like this?

Also, nice impersonation of an overexcited teenage jackass, mr. gamespot editor. You got the wrong forum, though, Kotaku is two doors over.

vedder (70804) on 1/23/2011 9:30 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

If you click on the Facebook link in his profile you'll get to a page where there's an e-mail address with the following name: mcjakeqcool. And the group is about him having his brother's (Robert) gamespot account unblocked

Aka, he's a brother of (or just is) resident troll Jacob Quinn.

Plok (214112) on 1/23/2011 3:23 PM · Permalink · Report

By the look of the trailer on YouTube, DNF will very likely burn my graphics card :D

Klaster_1 (57612) on 1/24/2011 12:08 AM · Permalink · Report

Wow, Duke got some nice manicure! Guess that's the reason why double weapon wield won't be preserved in the game. "My fingers are too good for this kind of shit".

Maw (832) on 2/3/2011 3:18 AM · Permalink · Report

Did Gearbox pick up on 3DRealms' mostly-finished game, or is this something they made themselves?

If it's the first one, great. If it's the second one...well, there's a very real chance the game has gone down the "modern Leisure Suit Larry games" route and will piss off all of its fans.

[Q --start Adzuken wrote--]The new box art is pretty awful. Are we supposed to be looking up at him, or is he crowd surfing? The background doesn't really support the perspective. But, whatever. At least they didn't just slap a high-resolution model on the box and call it a day. [/Q --end Adzuken wrote--]

They made him look like a douchebag.

There's a hand on Duke's hip with nail polish. At first I thought they were trying to open up new markets for the game and then I realised it wasn't Duke' s hand.

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (95185) on 2/3/2011 3:22 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Maw wrote--]Did Gearbox pick up on 3DRealms' mostly-finished game, or is this something they made themselves? [/Q --end Maw wrote--] From what I remember of the initial announcement, Gearbox is just finishing and polishing up what 3D Realms had already made. So...the former.

Klaster_1 (57612) on 2/3/2011 5:48 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

They picked it up. There are giant interview worth reading somewhere in the net, but I lost the link.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 3/27/2011 12:37 AM · Permalink · Report

Hey, we all get to make Duke Nukem Fornever jokes again! Say what you you will, I think it's a slippery slope to move the release to 2012, so the world can go out shooting aliens. ;D

vedder (70804) on 3/27/2011 9:25 AM · Permalink · Report

According to a Gamasutra article, Take 2 doesn't want to release LA Noir and DNF in the same month, because they are two highly anticipated titles that might canabalize each others sales. So this has nothing to do with the game not being finished, and everything with marketing.

Slug Camargo (583) on 3/27/2011 6:15 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start vedder wrote--]According to a Gamasutra article, Take 2 doesn't want to release LA Noir and DNF in the same month, because they are two highly anticipated titles that might canabalize each others sales. So this has nothing to do with the game not being finished, and everything with marketing. [/Q --end vedder wrote--] I'm pretty sure I read Mike Wilson saying more or less those same words circa 1999 :P

chirinea (47495) on 3/28/2011 1:07 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Dr. M. "Schadenfreude" Von Katze wrote--] [Q2 --start vedder wrote--]According to a Gamasutra article, Take 2 doesn't want to release LA Noir and DNF in the same month, because they are two highly anticipated titles that might canabalize each others sales. So this has nothing to do with the game not being finished, and everything with marketing. [/Q2 --end vedder wrote--] I'm pretty sure I read Mike Wilson saying more or less those same words circa 1999 :P [/Q --end Dr. M. "Schadenfreude" Von Katze wrote--]Knowing that DNF is a joke exactly because its release date has been constantly delayed for 13 years, wouldn't it be wiser to delay LA Noir, then?

GAMEBOY COLOR! (1990) on 3/28/2011 2:02 AM · Permalink · Report

But think of the publicity! I'm sure they wanted to get in one more delay for old times sake. 8D

Indra was here (20755) on 3/28/2011 3:59 AM · Permalink · Report

I don't think they'll anyone left who remembers the Duke when they finally do release it. :p
Or no one who cares.

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (95185) on 3/28/2011 4:08 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start chirinea wrote--]Knowing that DNF is a joke exactly because its release date has been constantly delayed for 13 years, wouldn't it be wiser to delay LA Noir, then? [/Q --end chirinea wrote--] To be fair, LA Noire has had its own share of delays.

vedder (70804) on 3/28/2011 6:57 AM · Permalink · Report

LA Noir is a singleplayer game, so most people will be done with it within the month, but DNF prominently features multiplayer, so might hook players for much longer.

Robert 'Bob' Jackson on 4/4/2011 9:52 PM · Permalink · Report

Well I'm looking forward for this game have for a long time and will deffo buy it, I will prob go on easy before I go on pro cos it'll prob take forever lol!

leilei (343) on 4/5/2011 1:53 AM · Permalink · Report

But this is Mobygames! Multiplayer doesn't matter!!!

Slug Camargo (583) on 4/6/2011 11:55 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start leileilol wrote--]But this is Mobygames! Multiplayer doesn't matter!!! [/Q --end leileilol wrote--] How come we don't have one of those multiplayer guilds or whatever made up of MobyGames users? I've had Team Fortress 2 sitting in my Steam folder for like years and never played more than 10 minutes in the tutorial.

In fact, last time I saw it there were 2 different Teams Fortresses 2es for some reason. They're breeding out of boredom I guess.