Join our Discord to chat with fellow friendly gamers and our knowledgeable contributors!

antstream
Forum Search  
View Mode: threaded | watch thread

How long to beat?

chirinea (46532) on Apr 04, 2011

Guys, I just stumbled upon this website. It's just started, so you can also contribute. It can help you decide which game to play next.

Re: How long to beat?

Indra was here (20900) on Apr 04, 2011

Hmm. Part of the problem. Western gamers tend to beat the game and don't care much about completing the game. Eastern gamers tend to complete the game and don't care much about beating the game.

Rola (8290) on Apr 04, 2011

All those "speedruns" remind me of Al Bundy, who can last in bed for whole two seconds.

Rola Wrote:
All those "speedruns" remind me of Al Bundy, who can last in bed for whole two seconds.

Still remember some bloke who gloated here about finishing Oblivion in 7 hours. Like you said, gaming premature ejaculation isn't something to be proud of.

Maw (884) on Apr 06, 2011

Indra was here Wrote:
Rola Wrote:

Still remember some bloke who gloated here about finishing Oblivion in 7 hours. Like you said, gaming premature ejaculation isn't something to be proud of.

It takes 7 hours to beat Oblivion even when you're really fast? Woah.

These 100 hour RPGs really aren't my thing.

Indra was here (20900) on Apr 06, 2011

Maw Wrote:
It takes 7 hours to beat Oblivion even when you're really fast? Woah.

These 100 hour RPGs really aren't my thing.

Just ignore the sub-quests. Main plot tends to be pretty lame...though not that noticeable if you finish all the quests/other stuff. Wham, bam, thank you RPG, isn't my idea of gameplay.

Patrick Bregger (254483) on Apr 06, 2011

I am not even close to being a completionist but I can't finish a RPG with good heart without having my quest log cleared (except retarded collection quests like those plants in Oblivion or the coins in New Vegas).

Patrick Bregger Wrote:
I am not even close to being a completionist but I can't finish a RPG with good heart without having my quest log cleared (except retarded collection quests like those plants in Oblivion or the coins in New Vegas).

I hear ya, but at least you still have a choice in that matter. I personally loathe developers that aren't RPG-OCD aware enough to know that canceling any quest without warning is a really, really stupid thing to do.

*Shakes fist at Dragon Age: Origins and two-thirds of story driven western RPGs*

(Edited by Indra was here (20900), Apr 06, 2011)

JudgeDeadd (26788) on Apr 05, 2011

Rola Wrote:

I used to have a problem with falling out of my bed, too.

chirinea (46532) on Apr 04, 2011

Well, they address the problem by keeping time of how long it takes to complete the game too. =)

Slug Camargo (589) on Apr 04, 2011

108 hours for Fallout 3? What kind of lazy-ass completionists are those? o_0

vedder (50462) on Apr 04, 2011

It gives 688 for Morrowind, so it looks like fast travel can save players up to 500 hours in the long run ¬.¬

vedder Wrote:
It gives 688 for Morrowind, so it looks like fast travel can save players up to 500 hours in the long run ¬.¬

Yikes. Not using the fast travel option is too hardcore and healthy for my taste. :p

JudgeDeadd (26788) on Apr 05, 2011

chirinea Wrote:
Guys, I just stumbled upon this website. It's just started, so you can also contribute. It can help you decide which game to play next.

I had an idea for such a website years ago.

If there's one thing I know about life, is that the best way to fulfill your dreams is to sit back and wait for someone less lazy to get the same idea as you.

(Edited by JudgeDeadd (26788), Apr 05, 2011)

leilei (337) on Apr 05, 2011

if they have H games counted, what kind of 'long to beat' would they judge?!

Parf (7786) on Apr 05, 2011

leilei Wrote:
if they have H games counted, what kind of 'long to beat' would they judge?!

lol! Ask Indra. ;)

GAMEBOY COLOR! (2002) on Apr 06, 2011

Looks like I'll be clocking FFVIII in at about 50 hours once I finish disk four. (I've put in a litte over ten hours on three disks so far.) Another site to be addicted to. Thanks chirinea! 8D

GAMEBOY COLOR! Wrote:
Looks like I'll be clocking FFVIII in at about 50 hours once I finish disk four.

That's a bit fast.

GAMEBOY COLOR! (2002) on Apr 06, 2011

I've mainly been playing it for the story. (Though I have taken on some sidequests.) So much so, that I neglected doing any grinding until recently. Squall is the only one over level twenty eight. But all my GFs are up pretty high. Shiva is almost level 80! The others are all in the 40s and 50s.

(Edited by GAMEBOY COLOR! (2002), Apr 06, 2011)