Forums > Game Talk > Riddler's Den

ZeTomes (36265) on 7/31/2016 3:44 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Have some doubts on the matter:

According to WOS Riddler's Den was originally published by Electric Dreams. No specifications for the developers as a company. Since Electric Dreams was a subsidiary of Activision Inc. can the same be considered the developer of the game even if specific people are mentioned as the respective programmers? If not, what's the role of Activision Inc. in the credits and which company should be associated to the license of the game? Activision, Electric Dreams or both?

The 2nd UK release mentioned in WOS points Silverbird Software Ltd as the publisher. And Silverbird Software Ltd was a label from Telecomsoft. In the tepe Firebird is also mentioned. Electric Dreams too as having the copyrights. What are the credits to associate with all these companies in this 2nd release, Electric Dreams/Activision Inc.; Silverbird Software Ltd/Firebird/Telecomsoft? Which ones should be attributed to "developed by", "licensed by", "distributed by", "published by"?

Thanks for the help.

Terok Nor (41968) on 7/31/2016 7:28 AM · Permalink · Report

The developer is the company who employed the programmers/artists/etc. If those were not employees of any company, then the developer is left blank. So this game has no developer. Who the publisher (i.e. Electric Dreams) is a subsidiary of (i.e. Activision) is of no concern for who the developer is. If a subsidiary is the publisher, we usually don't mention the mother company, so Activision does not need to be listed.

On budget re-releases, we usually do not list the original publisher - that's what the original release info is for. The Firebird/Silverbird issue is a bit tricky. There were all labels of the same company (Telecomsoft), and our support for labels leaves a lot to be desired. Silverbird being on the box and Firebird on the tape probably means this is from the early days of the Silverbird label - it used to be "Firebird Silver" before. Silverbird as the publisher should be correct here. The developer is the same across all releases, so no developer.

ZeTomes (36265) on 7/31/2016 11:33 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Thanks for the clarification.

My real affliction was to miss information, so I wanted to specify every bit of information concerning companies but I didn't know how to label some.
But if two releases have the same date and it's not mentioned if it's an original or re-release how can it be known which one was the 1st or the original?
And the licensed field is applied in which cases?
If the next information is presente on the credits concerning companies...

Copyright ©
Sound-recording Copyright ℗
Registered Trademark ®
Service Mark ℠
Trademark ™

...could it be applied to the licensed field?

Thanks

Eston Eston on 8/21/2016 4:27 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

spam