🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Talk > Ever had a "Games to Finish List?"

Indra was here (20755) on 2/21/2006 10:40 AM · Permalink · Report

Amazingly there was a time when the internet did not exist and walkthroughs were scarce (usually just via word-by-mouth), I remember when I was a kid, there where some games that I couldn't just not finish at that time (being stuck, etc.) and that fact became something like a 'gamers life-time resolution' thing. Anyway, I had my list that I thankfully successfully finished...eventually.

1. Dragon Wars (RPG) - Took me 6 years to finish, after obtaining a walkthrough
2. AD&D Curse of the Azure Bonds (RPG) - Took me 3 years to finish, also after obtaining a walkthrough
3. Ultima VI (RPG/Adventure) - Thankfully the game CAME with a walkthrough.
4. Crusaders of Khazan (RPG) - Even after obtaining the walkthrough, still couldn't finish it, doh. But after finishing 90% of it (or at least that's what the walkthrough indicated) I figured it was good enough.

Scott Monster (986) on 2/28/2006 12:58 AM · Permalink · Report

The 11th Hour It drove me mental that it took nearly 2 years to complete it. I upgraded my PC like 3 or 4 times during that 2 year period.

Anonymous Gamer (161) on 2/28/2006 4:20 AM · Permalink · Report

Good Topic Inderanta,

I don't have so much as a list as I have a litany of games to finish. Heh!

For starters:

Falcon 3.0 Gold Okay, you can't really finish this game, but I remember really getting into it when I had a sweet 486 system that ran the game perfectly. I really wanted to involve myself with every aspect of the game and its expansions. (The game is incredibly complex and you literally have to train to get better at it.) Well needless to say, after I upgraded my computer to a Pentium, the game no longer ran properly, and I was having sound issues as well since my computer upgrade also came with a new soundcard.

Seawolf Here's another simulator that I couldn't properly finish the campaign. Doh. Thank goodness for DosBox.

Tomb Raider is one of those games where I would like to half-heartedly go back to. I didn't finish it because I became bored with it about a third through the second level... but still something makes me wish I had toughed it out.

One of the most recent games I was able to take off my list was Blade Runner the graphical adventure. That was one game I wanted to finish for a long time.

And probably the granddaddy of them all, I never got to finished the original Eye of the Beholder, now that was a game!

Still that only covers a small list of the games I have on my to-do list. :)

Mike

Luis Silva (13443) on 2/28/2006 7:35 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

With me, it's more a matter of actually getting the things to run first. I've bought a load of games in the past months, and sadly a lot of them a) are too recent to run on my 166 and not compatible with XP b) run in the 166, but the CD drive isn't working properly c) run on either machine, but can't be arsed to around them. Among these, Hardwar, Mig Alley, Flying Corps and Homeworld are the best examples. Other fine examples are Chaos Chamber and Fighting Vipers. Bought them two weeks ago, and barely played them (of course, watching around 13 hours of Olympic coverage daily did not helped that one bit, but still...)

Yet, I'm buying more this week.