Forums > Game Talk > Has anyone here played the new Sam & Max?

NatsFan (68) on 2/19/2007 4:27 AM · Permalink · Report

As some of you may be aware, there's a new Sam & Max series being released episodically from Telltale Games. I've noticed that only a few ratings have been given on the episode's pages, and was wondering how many people here even know about it?

Gonchi (3590) on 2/19/2007 8:30 AM · Permalink · Report

I've heard of it (or rather, them). Won't get it until the whole series is out.

Depeche Mike (17455) on 2/19/2007 3:16 PM · Permalink · Report

I finished episode 1, and started episode 2 last night. I like them, you still laugh out loud and they're quite decent adventure games. Lately most adventure games have turned into friggin puzzle games with really vague puzzles but this is more like old school adventure games, the way you probably remember.

Depeche Mike (17455) on 2/19/2007 3:17 PM · Permalink · Report

Also they have GREAT customer support.

nullnullnull (1463) on 2/25/2007 2:33 PM · Permalink · Report

Also Dan Connors a big wig at TellTale is a fan of MobyGames. Another reason to like their games ( albeit not a great one ).

NatsFan (68) on 2/25/2007 4:11 PM · Permalink · Report

I never knew that, that's cool.

Bet (473) on 2/26/2007 5:17 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DepecheMike wrote--]I like them, you still laugh out loud and they're quite decent adventure games. [/Q --end DepecheMike wrote--] Pretty much sums up how I feel about the games. I've laughed as much or more to the new Sam & Max episodes, time-wise, as I did with the original DOS game. I've yet to be disappointed with an episode, and considering I thought the 3rd one was the weakest so far (the fourth one was better again), that's a good sign.

$35 for the season pass, or a subscription to GameTap, either way it's very easy to recommend them. Not as easy to recommend them for $9/pop though.

Unicorn Lynx (181780) on 2/26/2007 8:35 AM · Permalink · Report

Does anyone know how many of them are going to be released? Which episode will be the final one? I'd really like to buy them, but I can't stand this whole episodic games stuff, I'd like to buy them when all of them are out, in one package.

NatsFan (68) on 2/26/2007 2:01 PM · Permalink · Report

There will be 6 episodes in all, the last one will be in May. After that they'll sell the whole series on CD.

Don Komarechka (1615) on 2/26/2007 3:48 PM · Permalink · Report

I also heard that TellTale was looking for some Wii programmers not too long ago... interesting.

nullnullnull (1463) on 2/26/2007 4:09 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Don Komarechka wrote--]I also heard that TellTale was looking for some Wii programmers not too long ago... interesting. [/Q --end Don Komarechka wrote--]

I'm telling ya the Wii makes a great platform for point n clicky adventures.

Sciere (930479) on 2/26/2007 5:43 PM · Permalink · Report

Last week word was on the street they were looking for Xbox 360 programmers too.

PolloDiablo (16853) on 2/28/2007 5:43 AM · Permalink · Report

I am a senior editor for a Dutch gaming site, and have played the first three episodes for reviews. I've got the fourth one installed already, but not played that one yet (there's an embargo on the review until it's officially released anyway). So far, enjoying the season a lot and looking forward to each new episode. The games are a lot easier than the original Sam & Max though, and they're not as sharp-witted and insane as they used to be (they've grown softer/milder).

optrirominiluikus (70) on 3/3/2007 4:29 PM · Permalink · Report

Played eps. 1 and 2, they're both great.

NatsFan (68) on 3/3/2007 8:19 PM · Permalink · Report

3 & 4 are better.