🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Talk > Can't find some games in the db...

Niccolò Mineo (311) on 11/9/2007 11:43 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Blockbuster World Video Game Championships II (Sega Genesis) // Mr Boston (Vectrex) // Nintendo Campus Challenge (Super Nintendo) // Nintendo Campus Challenge (Nintendo NES) // Nintendo Powerfest 94 (Super Nintendo)

Can you help me please? I can't find them in the database. Are they filed with other titles?

beetle120 (2415) on 11/9/2007 12:24 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I have found many games not in the database when going though old reviews. I am hoping for a missing games list somewhere on the website so people can go though them adding the missing games.

Shoddyan (15004) on 11/10/2007 8:20 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start beetle120 wrote--]I have found many games not in the database when going though old reviews. I am hoping for a missing games list somewhere on the website so people can go though them adding the missing games. [/Q --end beetle120 wrote--]

Absolutely. There are LOTS of games not in the database and just because MG features 36,000+ games doesn't mean that everything's in there. Videogames are at their highest point in North America and Europe and yet Japan alone still towers above those markets in the number of games being released. But of course it's not just japanese titles... with such a vibrant industry it's practically guaranteed that many titles will be released "under the radar" so to speak... and ignored by the majority of gaming websites.

Since last year I've been noting some of these on my own personal "I know this exists but I don't know anything about it" listing... but I haven't decided what to do with this information yet other than noting it down for some future.

beetle120 (2415) on 11/10/2007 10:59 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start WildKard wrote--] Since last year I've been noting some of these on my own personal "I know this exists but I don't know anything about it" listing... but I haven't decided what to do with this information yet other than noting it down for some future. [/Q --end WildKard wrote--]

I have been doing the same. I also had been comparing the GameSpot database to MobyGames to see what titles are missing. So far GameSpot is losing but there are still heaps of games I found missing. Still don't know what to do with the results though.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 11/9/2007 6:43 PM · Permalink · Report

Are they filed with other titles?

Even if they are, they should have their AKAs up. It's eminently possible they're just not up... yet! You could be the one to put them in!

Foxhack (32100) on 11/9/2007 9:28 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Mad_Griffith wrote--]Blockbuster World Video Game Championships II (Sega Genesis) // Mr Boston (Vectrex) // Nintendo Campus Challenge (Super Nintendo) // Nintendo Campus Challenge (Nintendo NES) // Nintendo Powerfest 94 (Super Nintendo)

Can you help me please? I can't find them in the database. Are they filed with other titles? [/Q --end Mad_Griffith wrote--]

I think all of those (except Mr Boston) aren't in the database because well, they aren't playable by the masses. How can a game be added without information on what it contains or any specific details? ;p