🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Off Topic > I decided....

AaronGamer (29) on 5/28/2007 4:09 AM · Permalink · Report

to take some time off from the board, but I am back now

General Error (4329) on 5/28/2007 10:17 PM · Permalink · Report

Nice to hear from you!

AaronGamer (29) on 5/29/2007 4:40 PM · Permalink · Report

Thank you, it has been quite the last few weeks, but things are getting better, So how is everyone today

Responsible Pyromaniac on 6/16/2007 11:00 AM · Permalink · Report

Im super, thanks for asking.

NatsFan (68) on 6/16/2007 1:47 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm feeling great, school just let out.

Nice to see you're feeling better.

Depeche Mike (17455) on 6/16/2007 3:47 PM · Permalink · Report

I went to Vegas, graduated with a BDES and got engaged (hence my absence). So my summer's been pretty good so far...

chirinea (47495) on 6/16/2007 3:49 PM · Permalink · Report

Hey, congratulations, Mike!

Depeche Mike (17455) on 6/18/2007 4:22 PM · Permalink · Report

Thank you!

[Q --start chirinea wrote--]Hey, congratulations, Mike! [/Q --end chirinea wrote--]

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 6/16/2007 4:20 PM · Permalink · Report

Congrats! :-)

Depeche Mike (17455) on 6/18/2007 4:22 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks!

[Q --start Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]Congrats! :-) [/Q --end Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 6/16/2007 4:17 PM · Permalink · Report

I quarreled with my wife, we didn't speak for the whole day, then I came home and we made up... the way couples usually make up :)~

Also, I'm playing System Shock 2 and am gradually falling in love with it.

I got a new job for the summer, two months non-stop jazz playing in a hotel bar. They will pay a lot, 75 dollars per evening! With this money, I'll be able to live like a king in China!

A good friend of mine just bought a new computer, and I admired how smoothly "Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines" ran on it at the highest settings.

To sum everything up, I feel quite happy! Wish the same to you, and thanks for asking, it was sweet :)

Sciere (930490) on 6/16/2007 4:18 PM · Permalink · Report

This is becoming such a sweet, adorable thread: good job gentlemen!

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 6/16/2007 4:19 PM · Permalink · Report

But you aren't telling us how you're doing :)

Sciere (930490) on 6/16/2007 10:23 PM · Permalink · Report

You don't want to know, I'm not going to spoil the thread :)

DJP Mom (11333) on 6/16/2007 11:48 PM · Permalink · Report

Uh oh, what's wrong, Sciere?

Indra was here (20755) on 6/16/2007 4:25 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--] I got a new job for the summer, two months non-stop jazz playing in a hotel bar. They will pay a lot, 75 dollars per evening! With this money, I'll be able to live like a king in China! [/Q --end Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]

Which I suspect, based on the living costs means 750 dollars per evening in western countries. Yikes, how much as a bellboy? I'll think I'll move to China!

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 6/17/2007 11:10 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Indra Depari of the Clan Depari wrote--] Which I suspect, based on the living costs means 750 dollars per evening in western countries.[/Q --end Indra Depari of the Clan Depari wrote--] No, no, don't exaggerate. It'd be something like 200-300 dollars per evening. Not bad, still, though.

Shazbut (163) on 6/17/2007 5:44 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--] Also, I'm playing System Shock 2 and am gradually falling in love with it [/Q --end Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]

About frickin' time, Oleg! I'd probably still hold it one of the best games I've ever played. I fell in love with it immediately though; quicker then I can remember falling in love with any other game that I didn't have expectations about. At that time, I used to buy about two games a year because that was all I could afford. I was playing the demo and I knew I was going to buy the game after I entered the first training arena about one minute in. Oh man, the atmosphere... Incidentally, it's nice to hear about your gig. It's times like this that I'm reminded even more how glad I am that I play jazz piano, albeit not to your standard I imagine. If my dad had only told me at 9 that girls love pianists I'd have practised even more.

At the moment I'm rehearsing for Othello at RADA, and have been shopping for accessories. We were given roles that stretched us and it's an in-house performance. In other words, it's not open to the public; which is handy because Othello is a big black guy and I'm a skinny white guy, so they may be disappointed. I broke up with my girlfriend because she moved to another town, which wasn't very nice of me but probably best in the long run. She came back to visit though, and we er...hooked up again that night and are now together again. This is probably futile since we're too busy to travel and see each other but she has exams at the moment and is at least less stressed for the time being.

So I'm basically fine, but working to delirium. I've been fighting all kinds of exhaustion-related illnesses, my flat is getting plagued with ants, and I've been summoned to court for not paying council tax which I'm not elligible for and for which I haven't had the time to tell the council, but life is good.

/unwantedblogpost

Maw (832) on 6/17/2007 9:58 PM · Permalink · Report

Who topped this thread?

DJP Mom (11333) on 6/17/2007 9:59 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

"Who topped this thread?" What does that mean?

-Edit - I think Responsible Pyromaniac brought it back from the dead, if that's what you're asking...?

Responsible Pyromaniac on 6/18/2007 9:50 AM · Permalink · Report

I take no responsibility for my actions.

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 6/18/2007 3:02 PM · Permalink · Report

I thought you were a responsible pyromaniac...

Depeche Mike (17455) on 6/18/2007 4:23 PM · Permalink · Report

Ha!

[Q --start Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]I thought you were a responsible pyromaniac... [/Q --end Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]

Responsible Pyromaniac on 6/19/2007 12:26 AM · Permalink · Report

I only pay attention while burning things.

Indra was here (20755) on 6/20/2007 10:08 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--] [Q2 --start Indra Depari of the Clan Depari wrote--] Which I suspect, based on the living costs means 750 dollars per evening in western countries. [/Q2 --end Indra Depari of the Clan Depari wrote--] No, no, don't exaggerate. It'd be something like 200-300 dollars per evening. Not bad, still, though. [/Q --end Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]

Isn't that still what most Chinese get in a month?

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 6/21/2007 5:38 AM · Permalink · Report

It depends what kind of job you have. A worker gets something like that, I suppose. About 75 bucks per month, hardly any more. A university teacher gets about 230-250 bucks, an office employee a bit less. My wife was earning 200 dollars a month before; now she is a sales manager, so she gets about 300.

But yes, the salary I'm going to get is extremely high for China.

Of course, if you're a businessman, you still get much more money, but that can't be considered "salary" any more.