🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Yard Sale > DOS Games for free/ trade.

plantluvver (1) on 1/12/2007 5:26 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Please take these before I think anymore about setting up a DOS system. I am willing to give these away, because I just don't want to hassle with selling them. But if someone wants to sweeten the pot by offering some PS1 games, that would be great.

See my have list for titles.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 1/12/2007 6:34 PM · Permalink · Report

Please take these before I think anymore about setting up a DOS system.

You don't need a DOS system to enjoy these DOS games once more -- just fire up a copy of DOSBox!

Riamus (8480) on 1/12/2007 9:52 PM · Permalink · Report

She's on Linux. Will DOSBox run through Wine or Cedega? I'm not sure and I don't know that running a game through an emulator that is running through another emulator is going to give you a very good experience. :)

Kabushi (261206) on 1/12/2007 9:58 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Or she can just get the Linux version of DOSBox? ;)

It's open source after all.

Riamus (8480) on 1/12/2007 11:01 PM · Permalink · Report

I didn't realize there was one. That's cool that there is.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 1/12/2007 11:39 PM · Permalink · Report

"DOSBox is open source and available for many operating systems, such as Linux, FreeBSD, Windows 9x, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Mac OS X, OS/2, Palm OS, RISC OS and BeOS. Recently, it has even been ported to the GP2X device."

All you gotta do is follow the link to determine that I've done my homework 8)

D Michael (222) on 1/13/2007 3:12 AM · Permalink · Report

You have to forgive Riamus, he is either in love with, or in fact is plantluvver when drinking.

plantluvver (1) on 1/13/2007 4:52 PM · Permalink · Report

Naw, though I do tend to resemble him when I neglect to wax. Mary

Gonchi (3590) on 1/14/2007 6:50 AM · Permalink · Report

Have you considered joining a trading website (like for example, GameTZ)? You might be able to get some games you're looking for in exchange for them.

Otherwise, I'll take whatever you're throwing away. Please.

plantluvver (1) on 1/15/2007 9:11 PM · Permalink · Report

No worries,

I'll let you know before I discard anything.

Mary

NatsFan (68) on 2/4/2007 3:51 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]Please take these before I think anymore about setting up a DOS system.

You don't need a DOS system to enjoy these DOS games once more -- just fire up a copy of DOSBox! [/Q --end Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--] THAT was an obvious sales pitch, (not that DOSBox has to be sold...) but he is right, DOSBox is the best.

infromthecold on 1/23/2007 9:17 PM · Permalink · Report

Im still playing alot of my old Dos/Windows 95 games on a couple of old systems I have running and they run fine and are really great sounding with a SB 16 and a couple sets of speakers hooked up. I love Old PC Dos games more in some ways than todays games for some reason!!

I just played and beat Eye of the Beholder 2 and The 7th Guest, both games I had but never got a chance to play due to being in school.

I  hate the fact that many resale shops and people in general throw away old games. Theonly place now to get them is on Ebay these days.

Its cool that Plant Luver is at least giving them away so they can be enjoyed again.

So if you are going to part with any old games let me know and I'll give you fair market vaulu for them if I need them

Just my .02

Jim