🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Surprising greatness

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 8/31/2011 12:00 PM · Permalink · Report

I've been addicted to Deep Shadows' games lately. I loved Boiling Point; then Xenus II was like a brushed-up, polished version of it, and Precursors here is the same thing in a space sci-fi setting.

Quite simply: nobody else makes such games. It's FPS, RPG and driving all in one. It's like Mass Effect with generosity and guts. A huge world to explore, quests, stuff to discover in every corner... it's overwhelming. I heartily recommend this gem to everyone, though I hear the English translation is atrocious.

BurningStickMan (17916) on 8/31/2011 8:20 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Bought this a while ago for the reasons you stated, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Picked up Boiling Point on release because it also sounded interesting, but it was quite buggy. They also pretty much gave up on supporting it in North America, so I'm pretty sure we didn't even get all the patches.

Still, they are indeed very unique games. I wonder why they're not on Steam.

Slug Camargo (583) on 9/1/2011 12:14 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I've had my sights trained on this for a few months now, every since Rock Paper Shotgun made a piece about it. I even have some files I got to fix something or other with the voices in the retail version --I can't even remember what the problem was, but I'm definitely ready to face it :P (Edit: I think this "fix" I have actually is a pack of Russian voices to use with English subtitles, so I can play it much like I did Cryostasis, because the translation is indeed said to be horrible)

But I haven't bought it yet, I have a pretty big list of very very important things to play as it is (and my eye on a couple more that are coming out soon), and adding one more game could have catastrophic results.

I'm glad to hear another positive reaction, at any rate.