Forums > Game Forums > Kill Everyone In Ancient China?

Donatello (466) on 12/31/2012 4:43 AM · Permalink · Report

I was wondering, who added the alternative title and what is the source of that? I trust the approvers, but this particular name is puzzling me to no end.

Sciere (927124) on 12/31/2012 4:44 AM · Permalink · Report

Pseudo Intellectual wrote:

I heard this one back in 2002 and it was ... highly memorable. Concise and very apropos!

and then after being asked for a source:

I doubt it has appeared in print, but for five years or so it was the only name by which I knew the game. Names don't get much more informal than this!

No idea!

Donatello (466) on 12/31/2012 4:45 AM · Permalink · Report

Haha, well, I don't really object to it personally, it's a funny and rather accurate name. :P

Unicorn Lynx (181780) on 12/31/2012 4:47 AM · Permalink · Report

It's not accurate at all. How is the Three Kingdoms period ancient? It's third century AD.

Donatello (466) on 12/31/2012 4:56 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Unicorn Lynx wrote--]It's not accurate at all. How is the Three Kingdoms period ancient? It's third century AD. [/Q --end Unicorn Lynx wrote--]

Well, it's a rather informal title, and by accurate I mostly meant in the boundaries of informal titles, ie it is already a simplification of the game to begin with and "ancient China" is part of the crude simplification. Wouldn't really sound as well if you had "Kill Everyone in Imperial China". :P

Unicorn Lynx (181780) on 12/31/2012 5:28 AM · Permalink · Report

Wll, yeah, but my problem is also with the "Kill Everyone" part :) Where, it doesn't really matter :)

Somebody bring me Sisko! (8) on 12/31/2012 7:48 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Unicorn Lynx wrote--]How is the Three Kingdoms period ancient? It's third century AD.[/Q --end Unicorn Lynx wrote--] Because on a global scale it falls into mid-classical ancient history. Sinologists, as you most likely know, are more precise about it, naturally; see the Imperial era of Chinese history, etc.