🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > The honorless man - is some in-game trigger missing?

Nowhere Girl (8680) on 9/28/2015 9:45 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm replaying the whole series. Earlier I had completed QfG1 just 5 points short of the perfect score. This time it was 10 points, but I still think it's a very good score, even if I obviously did miss something. As for my score in QfG2, I don't remember exactly. Now I'm playing part 3, as a Wizard. I don't remember how this particular event worked when I first played it, but I can't get to help the honorless man. I can only greet him, give him food and ask questions, but I can't declare help. So far I met him twice. It's day 12, the Leopardman prisoner didn't appear in Simbani village before I returned to Tarna.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 9/29/2015 3:30 AM · Permalink · Report

The game is buggy. 3 is bad and 4 is worse that way.

Freeman (65099) on 9/29/2015 11:38 PM · Permalink · Report

I haven't played part 3, but does this help out at all? Though, he isn't playing as a wizard; I don't know if that makes a difference.

"You'll be taken to the Hall of Judgement, to hear the thief's sentence being carried out. He'll be declared honorless. You'll then be taken to the King's Chambers for an audience with Rajah. You have to act properly here or you'll be yelled at. Once you gain control, click the Mouth on yourself and "Greet". Next, "Answer Rajah". Next, "Defend Rakeesh" (P2). Next, "Talk about Rakeesh". Finally, "Say Goodbye". You'll be returned outside (P2).
If you get kicked out, your Paladin won't get those two points."

Nowhere Girl (8680) on 10/4/2015 10:38 AM · Permalink · Report

No, I mean the later part. The moment when he was arrested etc. worked OK, but when I meet him later, I can't offer help. Btw, another bug, which forced me to start re-replaying the whole series (this time with 100% score in part I and II): I couldn't free the Leopardwoman. I gave her the gifts, but Uhura didn't let me open her cage. I don't recall having had such problems with it the first time around.

Nowhere Girl (8680) on 10/4/2015 10:13 PM · Permalink · Report

Another question, because I seem to be finding a way out of this mess.
It seems pretty much all these bugs are related to computer speed. It's a good thing that solving this problem is so easy in D-Fend Reloaded - no separate slowdown program required, you can slow the game down from the emulator level. Now I managed to let Johari escape, but I think I'll be going back a bit to get it right at the bazaar. I tried it once - albeit after already having spoken to Harami that evening (the second evening we talked) and the "offer help" option didn't appear. So here comes a stupid question: how soon should I slow the game down? I did when going to the bazaar, but still in the previous screen (middle level of Tarna city).