🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > The game loads once and doesn't run again

Nowhere Girl (8680) on 9/14/2017 5:54 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I wanted to erase my saves before replaying the game, mainly to save disk space. I checked out how to do it and I may have deleted too much, because I deleted all files from the game's subfolder in the AppData hidden folder. Now it works like this: the game runs just fine, no problems at all - but only once. After I close it and then want to start playing again, I can't load it again. When I press Ctrl-Alt-Del to use the Task Manager, I can see that the game is open in "Processes", but not in "Applications" (note that I don't know anyway what's the difference between both). After shutting down the computer and starting it again (not that I did it only to be able to start the game) the whole sequence repeats: the game can be started, but only once after each system start. What should I do?

vedder (70822) on 9/14/2017 6:13 PM · Permalink · Report

Assuming this is on Steam, you can right click the game in your library, go to properties > Local Files and select "Verify Integrity of Game Files..." This should check for missing file and redownload them if required.

If that doesn't work I suggest you uninstall the game and reinstall it.