2.5D Engine: Build
Group DescriptionGames using the Build graphics engine, written by Ken Silverman for 3D Realms Entertainment.
The engine improved on DOOM in several ways, including (but not limited to):
- Sloped ceilings and floors
- High-res SVGA and VESA support
- True rooms above rooms
- Moving vehicles
- Transparent sprites
- Underwater swimming
- Map sectors can move during game play
- The History of Ken Silverman's Build Engine (a 10-minute history of the engine, hosted on YouTube).
- Fate Demo (Unreleased Capstone/IntraCorp FPS based on the Build engine; YouTube video - 6.32 minutes)
- Ion Maiden Dev Blog #1 (an explanation of how Build engine games are made)
Front cover for Powerslave
Front cover for Ion Maiden
Front cover for Redneck Rampage
Front cover for WWII GI
Front cover for Redneck Deer Huntin'
Screenshot from Powerslave
Screenshot from Ion Maiden
Screenshot from Redneck Rampage
Screenshot from WWII GI
Screenshot from Redneck Deer Huntin'