Steam Store Description (from Ad Blurbs)Designed by air racer Steven Wittman, the Tailwind is an amateur-built two-seat aircraft first built in the 1950s. Combining relatively low build costs with exciting 200-mph performance, the Tailwind proved a success and more than 350 examples have been built. Different versions of the basic design offer different engine specs and performance, as well as either tail-dragger or tricycle-type undercarriages.
The Wittman Tailwind for FSX: Steam Edition, developed by Lionheart Creations, includes both the W8 (tail-dragger) and W10 (tail-dragger and tri-gear) series model variants. The two W series aircraft both fly slightly differently, with the W-10 having a higher-performance engine than the W-8. The W-10 will cruise at 180 MPH and will max out at 200 MPH, whereas the W-8 cruises at 140 to 160 MPH and maxes out at 180 MPH. Instrument panels also differ between the two models.
- Custom high detail instrumentation
- New Avionics featuring an MX12 NAV-COM, transponder, and autopilot in the W-10
- Full night lighting with soft glow gauge instrumentation for night flights 'without' the dome light needing to be switched on
- Eight different paint schemes with several versions of interiors
- One aircraft called 'Retro' features an early 1960's paint scheme and wood panel interior
- Fully animated control surfaces and various controls
- Front diagonal cross brace bars in front of pilot are hide-able with a switch for ease of flying in VC mode
- Features high detail 2D panels by Bill Leaming
- Optional Wide Screen Panels can be linked to Registry blocks in the aircraft config file for wide screen users
- Ice box in rear cargo shelf opens and features animated bottled water and sandwich
- Custom sounds throughout the aircraft
- Hide-able top sun cover for the W-8, which features a fully transparent roof
- Hide-able front instrument panel cover made of an old air chart map
- Basic cargo displays outside of plane when engine stops running
- Custom sound package
- Custom flight model (aircraft config files) that feature a unique feel for the aircraft
- Checklist in popup view, does not use Kneeboard
- Optional Wide Screen 2D panels for users with wide screen monitors
- Custom exterior 3D high realism lighting effects
There are no Windows user screenshots for this game.
There are 8 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition - Wittman Tailwind (official website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.