Not an American user?
Description100+ Great Games is a collection of just over one hundred shareware and freeware casual games. Note: it is only possible to credit this product with 100+ games by counting the games within the game collections, for example counting Solitary Confinement not as one game but as eight because it is a collection of eight solitaire games.
The CD autoloads to a game browser which runs in a window. From there the player opens a game group and must select each game individually to see its details and, if they wish, to install it as well. All games in this compilation must be installed before they can be run and most, but not all, allow the user to specify the install folder. The keep case inlay shows the games are grouped into four categories, Action, Board, Sports and Casino, while the game browser shows many more, the game categories and the games they contain are;
- Arcade Games:
- Cards / Casino;
- Acey Deucy, Cherry Fever Slots, Joker's Wild Poker and Patriot Slots all from Lampron Software
- MVP Cribbage Deluxe, MVP Euchre Deluxe, Hearts Deluxe and MVP Spades Deluxe all from MVP Software
- Solitary Confinement, a shareware collection of eight card games
- Cardfun Video Poker (called Video Poker Collection in the menu) from Wyvern Studios Incorporated, this contains five games; Draw Poker, Joker Poker, Deuces Wild, Bonus Poker, and Five Card Stud
- Classic Clones
- Jouster v5 and Jouster Challenge both from Matt Westfall
- Super Rebound 3 another game from Josh Bender
- Igor: Objective Uikokahonia
- Internet Games For 2 a compilation of Chess, Checkers, Backgammon, Goban, Pipes, Race Chase, Fox & Hounds and Flag Ship all of which require another human player to play against
- Parlor Pack the companion to Double Oak's Arcade Pack listed above. This contains Go Fish, JIgsaw Puzzle, Match It, Memory, Old Maid, Reversal, Slide Puzzles, Squares and War. The full pack, as sold on-line, by Double Oak also included Backgammon and Bowling.
- Word Finder from Alston Software Labs
- Color Code, Star Fire and Tic-Tac-Toe (2D & 3D) all by Clinton Graham. Collectively these games form Clinton's Simple Logic Collection.
- Mind Madness a compilation of five games from Philippe Basciano containing Beetris for Windows 95, Fructus for Windows 95, Gelules for Windows 95, PROTO for Windows 95, and Tetris Lite for Windows 95
- Games Chest contains Backgammon, Rummy, Yatzee, Queens Audience and Fortune's Favor
- Arasan Chess v5.2
- Deep Green Reversi named Bloch Reversi in the installation menu
- MVP Checkers
- Get 5! v4.6em, developed for DOS by Klaus Tadsen
- MVP Mancala
- Shogi Variants: Shogi is a form of Japanese chess and this game contains seventeen variations. This is version 1.55a which was developed for WIN 3.1 but will run in Windows too.
DirectX is needed by this compilation and the game menu has an option to install version 6.1 if necessary
There are no promo images for this game
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
Hidden GameAll games are held on the CD in numbered folders and the supplied game menu allows the user to access and install the games. However the game in folder 100_Games\Games\game35 is not referenced by the menu, in it the user will find the shareware version of
piltdown_man (202262) added 100+ Great Games (Windows) on Mar 03, 2017