Lode Runner: The Legend Returns
Description official descriptions
A resurrection of the original classic platform game with a number of updates such as one and two player options, detailed graphics, character moves, a level editor, and music with sound effects. Besides running from some red-toga wearing "Mad Monks" that eat you (like in the "Beast Master" movie) if they catch you, you have a few things on hand to use: small bombs, big bombs (nothing will reappear when they destroy something), a drill (for stone floors), booby-traps, and a few other things up your sleeve.
- ロードランナー レジェンド リターンズ - Japanese spelling
Credits (Windows 3.x version)
61 People (49 developers, 12 thanks) · View all
|Original Lode Runner Game|
|Assistant Art Director|
|Backgrounds and Tiles|
|Dialogs and Icons|
|[ full credits ]|
Average score: 75% (based on 14 ratings)
Average score: 3.8 out of 5 (based on 33 ratings with 0 reviews)
Be the first to review this game!
- On the 80th level after collecting all the treasures you'll see the abbreviation name of the game - LR'94.
- This game was written on C++ language and 77th level is dedicated to it. Now not only true programmers know that C++ contains gold.
- If you'll run the game then minimize window, change Windows video resolution and return to game, you'll see the message - "In R'yleth doth Cthulhu lay". R'yleth is a sunken city, and Cthulhu is one of Ancients from H. P. Lovecraft's stories. Now you can understand where this lode is dug. You are in R'yleth.
- Games Magazine
- 1994 - Best New Arcade Game
Information also contributed by Indra is here
Related Sites +
Wikipedia: Lode Runner: The Legend Returns
Information about Lode Runner: The Legend Returns at Wikipedia
- MobyGames ID: 1131
- Wikipedia (en)
Are you familiar with this game? Help document and preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by MAT.
Game added March 24th, 2000. Last modified September 13th, 2023.