Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Naruhodō Ryūnosuke no Bōken
Description official description
Dai Gyakuten Saiban takes the Ace Attorney series to the past. The player controls Ryūnosuke Naruhodō, a Meiji-era ancestor of Phoenix Wright who is studying to become a defense attorney. He makes a name for himself after a trial in which he successfully represents himself, and ends up accompanying fellow student Asōgi Kazuma in his placement in England to study the British legal system. The two of them are joined by Susato Mikotoba, a legal assistant and the daughter of Naruhodō's legal mentor. Naruhodō ends up instantly in over his head, forced to defend clients in the British legal systems while getting help from strange allies - including Herlock Sholmes himself.
Gameplay follows the traditional Ace Attorney style, with a few new features. Like in Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, cross-examinations can sometimes involve multiple witnesses. Courtroom sessions are now held in front of juries, who are empowered to stop proceedings and issue a verdict at any time. Luckily, Naruhodō is allowed to provide closing arguments which can result in overturning verdicts. Outside of trials, Naruhodō and Sholmes can collaborate on deductions that lead to new breakthroughs using the new "Dance of Deduction" feature.
Like other Ace Attorney games, the plot is divided into five cases:
- The Adventure of the Great Departure: Naruhodō is accused of the murder of a visiting British medical professor, Dr. John H. Wilson, and is forced to defend himself in court.
- The Adventure of the Unbreakable Speckled Band: A passenger is killed on board the steamship making the journey from Japan to England in a locked room mystery. Naruhodō finds himself accused of the crime again, and is forced to clear his name. Luckily, Herlock Sholmes turns out to be on board the ship and offers his help - whether Naruhodō wants it or not.
- The Adventure of the Runaway Room: After arriving in England, Naruhodō is forced to take on a trial to earn his keep. In another locked room mystery, the business magnate Magnus McGuilded is accused of murdering a fellow passenger on a horse-drawn cab while it's making the rounds.
- The Adventure of the Clouded Kokoro: Naruhodō defends Japanese exchange student Soseki Natsume, accused of stabbing a stranger in the street.
- The Adventure of the Unspeakable Story: After the owner of Sholmes's favourite pawn shop is murdered, the defendant ends up being a 17-year-old orphan and pickpocket named Gina Lestrade. Seeing as Gina is a personal friend of Sholmes's protegée, Iris Wilson, Naruhodō takes on her defense.
- 大逆転裁判 ‐成歩堂龍ノ介の冒険‐ - Japanese spelling
Credits (Nintendo 3DS version)
285 People · View all
|Art Direction / Character Design|
|Planning Lead / Management|
|Assistant Script Producers|
|Character Models Lead|
|Event Cutscenes Lead|
|Character Animations Lead|
|[ full credits ]|
Average score: 4.5 out of 5 (based on 1 ratings with 0 reviews)
Be the first to review this game!
- MobyGames ID: 114047
Are you familiar with this game? Help document and preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by Ms. Tea.
Additional contributors: Scriptioner.
Game added September 29th, 2018. Last modified July 21st, 2023.