Total Club Manager 2004
Description official description
2004 edition for this soccer managerial game that so far has been released only for the European market.
The game offers to the player the opportunity to become a every-aspect manager of a soccer team. At a first point you pick a team, hire your staff, build your tactics, develop your techniques and so on.
Therefore you are ready for the matches where you have the option of fast simulation, text simulation (like CM 01/02) or a complete 3D simulation...
Career Mode offers you to take a low-reputation club and turn it to a big success.
New features are:* "Football Fusion(tm)" allows players owning this title and "Fifa 2004" to play a manager on TCM 2004 while actually playing their team games on FIFA 2004 instead of just simulating.
More leagues and teams from every place around the world.
Manage National Teams at the same time that you manage your team club. Play continental cups and the World Cup.
More than 10 additional stats to keep of your players best characteristics
Half-time interviews allows the coach to improve the team moral.
Trophies room and Hall of Fame offers you to track your achievements.
Player of the month and Manager of the month awards.
Improved Skill System.
3D graphics improved.
Credits (Windows version)
199 People (191 developers, 8 thanks) · View all
|Senior Development Directors|
|[ full credits ]|
Average score: 78% (based on 13 ratings)
Average score: 4.0 out of 5 (based on 8 ratings with 1 reviews)
The first time I saw this title I thought nothing will provide more fun than the “Championship Manager” series published by Eidos or the “Pc Futbol” series by Dynamic Multimedia that I loved on the early 90’s therefore I didn’t wanted to give TCM 2004 a chance since never saw a good manager game published by EA Sports.
Well, I was wrong; despite some important lacking here and there this game have a lot to offer. Here we go…
1) Automatization (not customization), as every game about soccer and management the player deal with every aspect, even that tedious micromanagement things than can turn people crazy and a game unplayable, but this game have the best “Auto” options that I saw so far. For example, I like the Youth Team Work, Player Transfers, Tactics, Formation but I dislike setting Training Schedules, Staff Hiring and Stadium Ads Management, so I automate the last ones and I get the game I want.
2) Game Playability is therefore outstanding and highly addictive.
3) The game run fast (dislike CM 4 that run like a turtle even on brand new computers) and this is a strong point in my opinion. You can finish a season in a couple of hours if you play fast.
4) Player Talks and Press Interviews that change the moral of your players add value to the game.
5) The plain players rating is great, few info but important one, I do not need to be busy with 50 variables to know which players are the best ones.
1) Despite they tried to work on a friendly interface and they succeeded, it affected the way that you reach certain info, in my opinion the stats menu needs to be reworked.
2) There is a place for a picture at every player profile but you will only see a shadow.
3) If you choose a low profile team on a second or a third division maintaining your finances above the red line is too much difficult.
4) The game focuses on European Leagues and forgets Rest of the World ones, they are there but incomplete and you cannot play them. (Anyway, the player can edit the database).
The Bottom Line
Are you looking for a friendly, enjoyable, and challenging game? Then this is your game. If you prefer a more challenging, game and have lot of time, try CM4.
Windows · by Cabeza2000 (689) · 2004
- 2003 – Best PC Simulation Game of the Year
Related Sites +
EA Sports Fussball Manager
Official German website
- MobyGames ID: 12021
Are you familiar with this game? Help document and preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by Cabeza2000.
Xbox, PlayStation 2 added by Kabushi.
Game added February 13th, 2004. Last modified March 9th, 2023.