Not an American user?
DescriptionSonny Bonds is a small town policeman who must fight against the rising tide of drugs in his city. The game is based on real police procedure and adheres carefully to following the rules of police work. Beginning as a patrol officer and working into detectives, Sonny will chase down the infamous Death Angel and put an end to his criminal underworld.
A typical Sierra parser game built with the popular AGI engine, Police Quest differs from the others release by the company in the realism of the setting and travelling, that is done by car, controlled by the player using a overhead view (instead of the cabbie of Leisure Suit Larry or walking around in Space Quest). Some sections of the game require the player to be efficient driving the car (as there are a fair number of chases, and traffic rules also apply to the player).
There are no promo images for this game
- "PQ1" -- Common informal / abbreviated title
- "PQ" -- Common informal / abbreviated title
- "Police Quest 1" -- Informal title
Part of the Following Groups
- Game Engine: Adventure Game Interpreter (AGI)
- Gameplay feature: Poker
- Police Quest series
- Theme: Law enforcement
|CU Amiga||Amiga||Apr, 1994||88 out of 100||88|
|Your Amiga||Amiga||Jul, 1989||83 out of 100||83|
|Amiga Computing||Amiga||Apr, 1994||81 out of 100||81|
|Amiga Force||Amiga||Dec, 1993||72 out of 100||72|
|Commodore User||Amiga||Jun, 1989||69 out of 100||69|
|Adventure-Treff||DOS||Mar 06, 2002||64 out of 100||64|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||DOS||1993||61 out of 100||61|
|Amiga Format||Amiga||Apr, 1994||5 out of 10||50|
|Zzap!||Amiga||Jun, 1989||48 out of 100||48|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Cell Block LoveThe love story between Sonny and Marie is retold - from Marie's point of view, and tongue-in-cheek - in the song Cell Block Love in Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape Up or Slip Out.
DevelopmentThe game was written by Jim Walls, a former California State Police Officer, who also wrote the following two Police Quest games.
- The unmarked cadillac used by the narcs is said to be confiscated from a recent arrest when Sonny looks at it personally, but if the player selects "See Object" and selects the key to the cadillac, the game will inform him that it is a government issued, unmarked car.
- If Sonny trades his integrity for some quick sex with Helen Hots, she will give him a telephone number to call her at. If he calls this number, he may reach the Police Commissioner's wife. It doesn't end well for his career.
- When the feathers of the chicken on the desk fall on the ground and the player types "pick up feather" the reply will be "Do that in King's Quest III"
- When the chicken is in Dooley's office, the Astro Chicken tune from Space Quest 3, 4 and 5 is played.
- Entering certain words in the crime computer comes up with amusing results. Some that work are programmers 'Al Lowe,' 'Ken Williams,' and 'Jim Walls.' Various dirty words also have listings.
- Another King’s Quest III reference can be found in the beginning of the game. Enter the briefing room and pick up the newspaper lying there. Browse through it until you stumble upon an article about a town called Daventry under siege by a three-headed dragon. Daventry is the town in which the fantasy adventure King’s Quest III is played. In the article, a gnome is mentioned as well. This could well be the one sitting on a chair in front of a cabin at the end of King’s Quest III.
- The pimp from Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards makes a cameo appearance in the game. He can be found behind bars at the Lytton City Jail.