Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration
Join the celebration! Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration takes you on an interactive journey through 50 years of video games.
At the heart of Atari 50 are the Interactive Timelines, which combine historical trivia, digital artifacts, over 60 minutes of new interviews, documentary footage, and playable games into one cohesive experience. When you encounter a game in the Timelines, you can immediately play it without losing your place.
The massive selection of over 100 games spans seven different platforms: Arcade, 2600, 5200, 7800, Atari 8-bit computers, and, for the first time ever on modern consoles, Atari Lynx and Jaguar! Play the classics like Tempest 2000, Asteroids, and Yars' Revenge, or dive into some deeper cuts.
Behind every game are the stories of Atari, what was happening at the company, and what went into the creation of the games and the hardware on which they ran, all told by the people who were there.
Also includes six new games:
- Swordquest: AirWorld – Yes, you read that right: After nearly 40 years of waiting, the team at Digital Eclipse has created a new entry in the legendary Swordquest series, inspired by the design concepts of original Swordquest creator Tod Frye. Who will be the first to solve its mysteries – and finally complete the quest?
- Haunted Houses – The original “survival horror” game for the Atari 2600 gets a modern 3D voxel-based sequel, featuring more houses, more spooky situations, and more urns.
- VCTR-SCTR – This mashup celebration of the vector era of gaming combines the gameplay from Asteroids, Tempest, and other vector-based arcade classics into a single, continuous challenge.
- Neo Breakout – An amazing and addictive two-player competition that combines the best features of Breakout and Pong, with a modern graphic style
- Quadratank – The first new entry in the classic Tank series since 1978 combines features from the original games with four-player fun in team or free-for-all modes.
- Yars’ Revenge Reimagined – The Atari 2600 masterpiece gets a whole new look. Swap between original and modern graphics at any time!
Source: Steam Store Description
Credits (Windows version)
177 People (118 developers, 59 thanks) · View all
|Artist / Clean-up|
|Head of Production||
|Audio / Music|
|Chief Executive Officer|
|Chief Technical Officer|
|Chief Financial Officer|
|Director of Business Development|
|Head of Publishing|
|Additional Video Support||
|Additional Art Clean-up|
|[ full credits ]|
Average score: 87% (based on 51 ratings)
Are you familiar with this game? Help document and preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by Kam1Kaz3NL77.
Game added November 15th, 2022. Last modified August 27th, 2023.