- Final Fantasy (1987 on NES, 1989 on MSX, 2009 on Wii...)
- Final Fantasy (2007 on PSP, 2010 on iPhone, 2012 on Windows Phone...)
- Final Fantasy (2021 on Windows, iPhone, Android...)
Final Fantasy is a remake of the Famicom (NES) game of the same name. This version includes the following changes and enhancements:
- The graphics and the soundtrack have been updated to resemble technically those of the 16-bit installments of the series
- There is an additional Easy difficulty level
- In addition to saving the game in towns, the player can also create a memo file at any time, which acts as a saved game file until the player quits the game
- Characters automatically target and attack a new enemy in case the originally targeted enemy has been defeated by another character during the course of the round
- The protagonist can run at any time if the player presses a correspondent button during movement
- A few minor changes have been made to character abilities
- A CG introduction movie has been added to the Playstation version
- ファイナルファンタジー - Japanese spelling
Credits (WonderSwan Color version)
36 People (35 developers, 1 thanks) · View all
|[ full credits ]|
Average score: 76% (based on 11 ratings)
Average score: 3.7 out of 5 (based on 23 ratings with 1 reviews)
Final Fantasy was the first game in the long running series of Final Fantasy games (having 28 games in the series, including spin-offs) . The original FF was released in 1987, for the NES. This game was a reworked port for the Playstation, it had enhanced graphics, FMV sequences, remixed music but the same original storyline, some extras were also put on the disc, like music library and original character artwork etc.
The only thing that I expected and didn't happened was that they didn't used the Playstation's 3D Power to render the game into a 3D world, it was still 2D, with only the FMVs in 3D.
The Bottom Line
Nonetheless, it is a very good opportunity for FF Players who missed the first one back then, don't think much liked by newcomers.
PlayStation · by ABGamer (70) · 2013
The names of three of the four main heroes of Final Fantasy II (Frionel, Guy, and Leonheart) were changed to Firion, Gus, and Leon. Most town names were also slightly changed.
The Wonderswan Color re-release features much better graphics and slight changes in gameplay system (for example, the characters target the next enemy automatically in battles). This release is nearly identical to Final Fantasy Origins for Playstation (of course, it doesn't have the CG intro).
- MobyGames ID: 37334
Are you familiar with this game? Help document and preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by Fred VT.
Game added December 12th, 2008. Last modified August 17th, 2023.