Description official description
Flower is a game that imagines what a flower's dream would be like.
The game starts in a dull grey room, with a wilted flower in a pot on a table. The player can use the Sixaxis to zoom in on the flower, and presses a button to start the dream. Now the player finds themselves on a meadow, where they control a petal, steered by the wind, that has to bloom other flowers by flying close to them.
From each flower the player got to bloom, an additional petal joins, creating a long string of colourful petals moving through the air. Once the colour has been restored to the meadow, the player returns to the initial room and can choose a new flower's dream.
Credits (PlayStation 3 version)
334 People (246 developers, 88 thanks) · View all
|[ full credits ]|
Average score: 88% (based on 65 ratings)
Average score: 4.2 out of 5 (based on 34 ratings with 0 reviews)
Be the first to review this game!
1001 Video Games
The PS3 version of Flower appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
- 2009 - The "Points for Style" Award for Most Stylish Visuals
- The "Points for Style" Award for Most Stylish Visuals (Readers' Choice)
- 2009 – Best PSN Game of the Year
- 2009 – Best Dexterity Game of the Year
- 2009 - Best Game Available By Download Only
- Cheat Code Central
- 2009 - Most Creative Game
- 2009 - Best Original Soundtrack
- Game Developers Choice Awards
- 2010 - Best Downloadable Game in 2009
- 2009 - Best Original Downloadable Console Game (Readers' Choice)
- 2009 - Best Use of Control Scheme (Readers' Choice)* IGN
- 2009 -Best PlayStation Store Game (Readers' Choice)
- Spike TV
- 2009 - Best Independent Game Fueled by Dew (named after one of the sponsors of the event, Mountain Dew)
Using the PlayStation 3's Cell processor, Flower renders 200,000 individual blades of grass that realistically sway with the blowing wind.
Are you familiar with this game? Help document and preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by robotriot.
Game added February 15th, 2009. Last modified October 16th, 2023.