🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Star Control II > Does anyone own the CD-ROM release?

Terok Nor (42009) on 7/11/2009 7:42 PM · Permalink · Report

This version in particular. Belboz obviously does, but I haven't seem him around in a while.

If someone else does, can you check if there's any indication on the CD regarding the release date? Like file dates? I'm trying to determine when exactly this was released, because the current release info and product codes don't fit.

Xoleras (66141) on 7/11/2009 11:22 PM · Permalink · Report

Chances are also high that the CD does not belong to the Box front. ;) The Disc uses the old ESRB K-A symbol, while the box uses the new E symbol. (Though they could just have packed the old disc in a new box.)

Terok Nor (42009) on 7/12/2009 8:39 AM · Permalink · Report

Yeah, I already submitted a correction for that. I'm pretty sure the box image isn't even a real scan.

Zeppin (8408) on 8/14/2009 10:20 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I can all but guarantee that it isn't a real scan. The size of the cover on MobyGames is 545x648, the same size as the identical covers found here and here. While MobyGames resizes large cover scans for viewing on the site, it doesn't have a perfectly uniform size for all covers because not all covers have a uniform size. The cover for the 3.5" disk version of Star Control II on file is 640x813. For comparison the Mac cover of Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers on file is 640x799.

It's also in suspiciously mint condition.

If I've accused someone who really did upload a scan then I apologize. Otherwise, I'd like a fedora.

On a related note, GiantBomb has one of our floppy covers.