DescriptionIn this enhanced remake of Pokémon Ruby Version, players travel throughout the Hoenn region on a journey to become a Pokémon Master. Like the original, the goal is to challenge the eight Pokémon Gyms of the Hoenn League and earn badges from their Gym Leaders, then take on the Elite Four and the Champion. However, the world is endangered when the villainous Team Magma tries to expand the continents by resurrecting the ancient Legendary Pokémon Groudon.
Aside from technical upgrades, the game is drastically changed in certain aspects. The Hoenn Pokédex is changed to add the evolutionary relatives of Pokémon from its original incarnation. Some Pokédex entries are also changed. Mega Evolution plays a major part of the storyline, and a new form change is introduced in the form of Primal Reversion, exclusive to Groudon and Kyogre. Some characters have had major redesigns in terms of appearance. Instead of roaming Hoenn after defeating the Champion as in the original, Latios automatically joins the player's party after summoning the player Southern Island. Latios can be used to soar through the skies of Hoenn, taking the player to locations known as Mirage Spots that cannot be reached otherwise. Pokémon Contests return under the name "Contest Spectacular" and have some new mechanics, while the basic format is largely the same.
After the main story, a new chapter called the Delta Episode is unlocked, allowing the player to once again save Hoenn from disaster. Finally, the Battle Tower is replaced by the Battle Resort, which features tough Trainers as well as a replica of the Battle Maison from Pokémon X and Y.
- "Pokémon Rubis Oméga" -- French title
- "Pokémon Rubí Omega" -- Spanish title
- "Pokémon Rubino Omega" -- Italian title
- "Pokémon Omega Rubin" -- German title
- "Pocket Monsters Omega Ruby" -- Japanese title
- "ポケットモンスター オメガルビー" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Augmented Reality games
- Enhanced remakes
- Gameplay feature: Botany, Farming, Gardening
- Gameplay feature: Creature breeding / fusion
- Gameplay feature: Day / Night cycle
- Gameplay feature: Dragon flying / riding
- Gameplay feature: Fishing
- Gameplay feature: Importable characters
- Gameplay feature: Interior decorating
- Gameplay feature: Monster capture / training
- Gameplay feature: Recordable replays
- Games made into comics
- Games made into movies
- Games released as complementary versions
- Japanese Nintendo 3DS game releases with full English support
- Pokémon main RPG series
- Pokémon universe
There are no reviews for this game.
|Nintendo-Online.de||Dec 23, 2014||9 out of 10||90|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Nov 27, 2014||8 out of 10||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
SalesAccording to publisher Nintendo, Pokémon Omega Ruby together with Pokémon Alpha Sapphire sold 10.69 million copies worldwide (as of September 30, 2015).
- The Game Awards
- 2014 — Best Remaster — Nominated (together with Pokémon Alpha Sapphire)
Related Web Sites
- Pokémon Omega Ruby (official website)