Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
Description official descriptions
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor is the second stand-alone expansion for Company of Heroes.
The add-on contains three new single-player campaigns:
- Tiger Ace - As a commander of a German Tiger-Panzer, the player fights against the British Army in the city of Villers-Bocage.
- Causeway - One day before D-Day the 82. Airborne Division drops in behind enemy lines to secure the Dam of La Fiere. The player commands a Special Unit of the 505. Parachute Infantry Regiment to go in and finish the job.
- Falaise Pocket - Over a hundred thousand soldiers are surrounded by the Allies and their only hope is to try and break through a small opening between Trun and Chambois. The players goal is to keep Trun under German control until his buddies can escape.
In addition, a new gameplay-feature called "Direct Fire" becomes available to the player allowing him to tell his troops exactly when and on what to fire.
Besides the three new single-player campaigns, the multiplayer also sees the addition of three new modes. In "Operation Stonewall" the players need to work together to defend a position against a strong AI-controlled opponent. The other two are "Operation Storm" and "Operation Tank War" which pit heroes with tanks against each other in either a big or a small assault. To spice thinks up, all four armies have access to two new units but instead of being available additionally, the player has to choose between the new unit or the old one. For example the new American M18 Hellcat replaces the M10 Tank Destroyer in the American Army or the amphibious scout-vehicle Schwimmwagen Typ 166 replaces the motorcycle for the Germans.
In skirmish and multiplayer, Tales of Valor includes access to all 4 armies from previous versions: American, Wehrmacht, British and Panzer Elite.
- 英雄連隊：勇士勳章 (資料片) - Traditional Chinese spelling
- 3D engine: Essence
- Company of Heroes series
- Game Engine: Essence 1.0
- Gameplay feature: Fog of war
- Gameplay feature: Recordable replays
- Games for Windows releases
- Games that include map/level editor
- Middleware: Rendez-Vous
- Physics Engine: Havok
- Scripting language: Lua
- Software Pyramide releases
- Sound engine: AIL/Miles Sound System
- Standalone expansions
Credits (Windows version)
321 People (316 developers, 5 thanks) · View all
|Additional Design by|
|Lead Online Programmer|
|[ full credits ]|
Average score: 69% (based on 36 ratings)
Average score: 3.4 out of 5 (based on 14 ratings with 0 reviews)
Be the first to review this game!
|Looking fot this game||Francois Janse van Rensburg||Jan 6th, 2011|
Are you familiar with this game? Help document and preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by Sicarius.
Game added April 15th, 2009. Last modified November 22nd, 2023.