Resident Evil 5
Description official descriptions
Chris Redfield returns to the series as the main character in Resident Evil 5, a game which takes place five years after Resident Evil 4. He is sent to Kijuju, Africa, where local agent Sheva Alomar joins him in the mission to apprehend Ricardo Irwing, who is trying to sell bio-weapons in the black market. Soon they are attacked by hordes of locals infected by an improved version of the "las plagas" parasite seen in Resident Evil 4, which they call "majini". As the story progresses, Chris discovers that some old fellows are behind the whole incident.
As well as including the concept of the "las plagas" parasite, this fifth part of the series also brings back the novel gameplay from the previous game. With an over the shoulder view, Chris confronts hordes of infected enemies that can throw objects and even shoot at you. They can be repelled with various guns, grenades, or using the knife and melee attacks if they get too close. This time though, Chris has a partner, Sheva, who accompanies him through all the game and can be controlled by a second player, with both characters having to keep an eye on each other to survive. The second player can enter and leave at any time playing locally through split screen or online through another console.
The mercenaries mode, which consists of closed levels where the player must survive a given time while defeating enemies to set up chains and earn points, also returns from Resident Evil 4.
- バイオハザード5 - Japanese spelling
- 3D Engine: MT Framework
- Biohazard / Resident Evil series
- Game feature: FMV / cutscene player
- Games for Windows Live releases
- Japanese PlayStation 3 games with full English support
- Japanese Xbox 360 games with full English support
- Middleware: Nvidia 3D Vision
- Physics Engine: Havok
- PlayStation 3 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 3 Platinum Range releases
- Premium Games label
- Setting: African
- Software Pyramide releases
- Theme: Zombies
- Xbox 360 Classics releases
- Xbox 360 Platinum Hits releases
Credits (Xbox 360 version)
70 People (65 developers, 5 thanks) · View all
|Vice President Product Development|
|Director of Production|
|Product Development Staff|
|Directors Brand Marketing|
|Senior Product Marketing Manager|
|[ full credits ]|
|Painful||Indra was here (20775)||2010-04-13 16:33:53|
1001 Video Games
Resident Evil 5 appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
In what may be a subtle nod to Namco, Jill Valentine's appearance at a certain point in the game resembles Nina Williams from Namco's Tekken fighting game series, specifically Tekken 5.
According to publisher Capcom, Resident Evil 5 has sold 7.4 million copies worldwide since its initial release (as of December 31, 2018), making it the second most successful game in terms of sales in the entire history of the company.
- 2009 – #4 Best Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- 2009 – Best Action Game of the Year
- 2009 – #3 Best Graphics of the Year
- 2009 – #3 Best Viral Trailer of the Year
- Gamespot (Editor Choice Awards)
- 2009 - Character Most Likely to Fail a Performance Enhancing Drug Test (for the character Chris Redfield)
- 2009 - PC Award for Visual Excellence (Game of the Year Editor's Awards) Information also contributed by Big John WV
Related Sites +
X360A achievement guide
X360A's achievement guide for Resident Evil 5.
- MobyGames ID: 40967
- Steam App: 21690
Know about this game? Add your expertise to help preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by MichaelPalin.
Android added by GTramp. Windows added by Sicarius.
Additional contributors: MAT, CaptainCanuck, Caelestis, CalaisianMindthief, Patrick Bregger, Starbuck the Third, Rik Hideto, FatherJack.
Last modified March 5th, 2023.