Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010 on Wii)
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010 on iPhone, iPad, 2011 on webOS...)
Description official descriptions
After years of street racing and closed circuits, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit returns to the series' roots - scenic tracks, cops versus racers face-off, and, of course, exotic and super cars.
The game is set in the Seacrest County, the land of sunny beaches, snowy mountains, hot deserts and high forests. Its roads are extremely popular within racers community and, hereupon, are filled with cars from all over the world. Because of that, the local police department has to be at one level with law violators in order to keep citizens safe.
You begin the career as a racer and a cop simultaneously. Each one has 20 ranks to achieve, gaining in reward new cars. The racing events are divided into four groups, based on participating car types: sports, performance, super, exotic and hyper, unlocked only when the previous one is finished. Unlike the similar Burnout Paradise, they are accessible only from the map. As a racer, you will experience sprints, time trials and races, with or without police presence. The Law Enforcer's job is a reverse side of the coin - fight the racers and bust them by different means.
Like in old Need for Speed games, the accent is made on the most powerful cars of the world, with Subaru WRX STi, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X at the very bottom and Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport with Koenigsegg CCXR Edition at the top, total of 64.
The game also has an online multiplayer mode (with some extra online game modes made available by the Armed and Dangerous Pack DLC). The new Autolog system is introduced with this mode, with the system tracking the player's friends' records and encourages the player to compete with their times.
- 3D Engine: Chameleon
- Automobile: Aston Martin One-77
- Automobile: Audi R8
- Automobile: Audi TT
- Automobile: BMW 3 Series
- Automobile: BMW Z4
- Automobile: Bugatti Veyron
- Automobile: Chevrolet Camaro
- Automobile: Chevrolet Corvette
- Automobile: Dodge Charger
- Automobile: Dodge Viper
- Automobile: Ford GT
- Automobile: Ford Mustang
- Automobile: Gumpert Apollo
- Automobile: Koenigsegg Agera
- Automobile: Koenigsegg CCX
- Automobile: Lamborghini Gallardo
- Automobile: Lamborghini Murciélago
- Automobile: Lamborghini Reventón
- Automobile: Mazda RX-8
- Automobile: McLaren F1
- Automobile: McLaren MP4-12C
- Automobile: Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
- Automobile: Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
- Automobile: Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
- Automobile: Nissan GT-R
- Automobile: Pagani Zonda
- Automobile: Porsche 911
- Automobile: Porsche Boxster / Cayman
- Automobile: Porsche Carrera GT
- Automobile: Subaru Impreza
- Genre: Open world driving
- Need for Speed series
- PlayStation 3 Essentials Range releases
- PlayStation 3 Platinum Range releases
- Xbox 360 Platinum Hits releases
Credits (Xbox 360 version)
700 People (687 developers, 13 thanks) · View all
|Production Supported by|
|Autolog Created by|
|Pursuits Created by|
|[ full credits ]|
Average score: 86% (based on 50 ratings)
Average score: 3.7 out of 5 (based on 49 ratings with 0 reviews)
Be the first to review this game!
|Duplicated groups in credits||Mtik333 (24407)||Nov 3rd, 2021|
- 2010 – Racing Game of the Year
- GameStar (Germany)
- 2011 - Best PC Racing Game in 2010 (Readers' Voting)
- Spike Video Game Awards
- 2010 - Best Driving Game
Related Sites +
- MobyGames ID: 49216
- Steam App: 47870
Are you familiar with this game? Help document and preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by Klaster_1.
Game added November 23rd, 2010. Last modified March 8th, 2023.