Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Description official descriptions
Tony Hawk returns with an all new line-up of skaters, an all new line-up of parks to crash through, and a whole new level of graphics.
The line-up of street and vert riders include Elissa Steamer, Jamie Thomas, Steve Caballero, Rune Glifberg, Geoff Rowley, Andrew Reynolds, Rodney Mullen, Eric Koston, Chad Muska, Bucky Lasek and Bam Margera from MTV's Jackass (and Tony Hawk, of course).
The create a skater mode returns, allowing for even further levels of options for your character, like adding glasses and tatoos to changing the colour of the knee and elbow pads or even the hair.
And the levels themselves that you must skate through are now more interactive, with cars and humans blocking paths and making noise as you race around to make as many points as possible. Use items around the streets or the park to jump from or over to increase your score, and pull of as many wild and wacky tricks as you can.
- 托尼霍克职业滑板3 - Chinese spelling (simplified)
- Activision O2 brand games
- Green Pepper releases
- Licensed title: Athletes
- Middleware: Bink Video
- Middleware: RenderWare
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- PlayStation Platinum Range releases
- Setting: City - Los Angeles
- Setting: City - Rio de Janeiro
- Setting: City - Tokyo
- Software Pyramide releases
- Tony Hawk skateboarding series
- Xbox Classics releases
- Xbox Platinum Hits releases
See any errors or missing info for this game?
You can submit a correction, contribute trivia, add to a game group, add a related site or alternate title.
Credits (PlayStation version)
228 People (155 developers, 73 thanks) · View all
|Shaba THPS3 Team|
|[ full credits ]|
|Dreamcast question.||Zaibatsu (19551)||2013-06-18 21:05:23|
|Xbox 360 compatibility||Ace of Sevens (4400)||2007-09-24 05:47:02|
Nintendo 64 version
The N64 version was the last American release for the system.
Dark Lord of the Sith himself, Darth Maul, is a secret character in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3. LucasArts officially licensed the character to Activision for the game. Activision, you might remember, published Star Wars: Demolition.
- In Tony Hawk's movie, when he does the 900 you can see a UFO in the background.
- In Rodney Mullen's movie, when he does the truckstand near those people in deckchairs if you look closely you will see that the people are actually aliens.
The PC and Xbox versions contain exclusive unlockable content. The Xbox has an skeleton named bones and an oil rig level (which was latter retooled and used in Tony Hawk's American Wasteland). The PC has Doomguy as a playable skater.
- 2001 – PS2 Sports Game of the Year
- 2001 – GameCube Sports Game of the Year
- 2001 – Best Online Multiplayer Game of the Year (PlayStation 2 version)
- 2002 – PC Sports Game of the Year (Readers' Choice)
Information also contributed by Ace of Sevens, Dracula Marth and James Isaac
Related Sites +
IMG Preview (Oct, 2002)
Inside Mac Games' preview of <em>Pro Skater3</em>.
Planet Tony Hawk
Probably the best THPS fan site on the net. With everything you could possibly want to know about the game, add ons and more.
Wikipedia: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Information about Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 at Wikipedia
- MobyGames ID: 5279
Know about this game? Add your expertise to help preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by Kartanym.
Nintendo 64, Macintosh added by Corn Popper. Windows added by phlux.
Additional contributors: Adam Baratz, Unicorn Lynx, phlux, James Isaac, Zeppin, DreinIX, Patrick Bregger.
Game added November 5th, 2001. Last modified May 29th, 2023.