Description official descriptions
Pokémon X and its counterpart, Pokémon Y, are the first main Pokémon games to be rendered in full 3D and have a customizable protagonist.
As with the previous games, the player first chooses one of three starter Pokémon. He then sets out in the Kalos region to collect Pokémon information in the Pokédex, which now has three sections.
The game has new features: horde battles, sky battles and the new 'Fairy' type. Party Pokémon can go through a 'Super Training' regimen that increases stats and bond with their trainer using the 'Pokémon-amie' widget, by playing minigames, interacting and eating Poképuffs. A new type of evolution, the 'Mega Evolutions' can now temporarily boost some Pokémon's stats by using a Mega Stone. Mega Pokémon not only have higher stats, different typing and new abilities, but also have a different look.
- ポケットモンスターＸ - Japanese spelling
- Gameplay feature: Beast riding & beast attacking
- Gameplay feature: Botany, farming, gardening
- Gameplay feature: Creature breeding / fusion
- Gameplay feature: Day / Night cycle
- Gameplay feature: Fishing
- Gameplay feature: Importable characters
- Gameplay feature: Monster capture / training
- Gameplay feature: Pettable animals
- Gameplay feature: Recordable replays
- Games compatible with Pokémon Bank
- Games made into comics
- Games made into movies
- Games made into TV series
- Games released as complementary versions
- Games with nobility titles
- Japanese Nintendo 3DS games with full English support
- Pokémon main RPG series
- Pokémon universe
Credits (Nintendo 3DS version)
533 People (467 developers, 66 thanks) · View all
|Character Art Director|
|3D Art Director|
|Pokémon Concept & Pokédex Text|
|Field System Programming|
|Field Event Camera Programming|
|Battle System Programming / Pokémon Data Programming|
|[ full credits ]|
Average score: 84% (based on 11 ratings)
Average score: 4.0 out of 5 (based on 15 ratings with 0 reviews)
Be the first to review this game!
According to publisher Nintendo, Pokémon X together with Pokémon Y sold 14.15 million copies worldwide (as of September 30, 2015).
- GameStar/GamePro (Germany)
- 2013 – #2 Best Wii & DS Game of the Year (Readers' Vote) (together with Pokémon Y)
- MobyGames ID: 62267
Are you familiar with this game? Help document and preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by Fred VT.
Game added December 24th, 2013. Last modified November 29th, 2023.