Description747-200 Ready for Pushback is an add on for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight. This is a detailed simulator that focuses on realism as opposed to ease of use. It simulates three variants of the Boeing 747, the 747-200, the 747-200(SF) and the 747-200F in many different liveries.
The cockpit has over four hundred working switches and features most of the instrumentation and systems that would be found in a real world aircraft. Practically everything is replicated in this product from fuel heating and fuel tank cross feeding to FFRATS, (that's Full Flight Regime Auto Throttle System), and control of the air conditioning and pressurisation system. In addition there are a number of optional extras for the dedicated e-pilot, these are:
- a take-off calculator which takes the take-off weight tailwind and air pressure and calculates the the thrust needed for take-off and the take-off distance.
- a fuel planner which takes the trip length, cruising altitude, distance to alternate airfields etc and calculates how much fuel is needed in the central tank and each of the wing tanks.
- a "Cargo Load" calculator.
- a "Combi Load" calculator for planes with a cargo and passenger configuration.
- and finally there's an optional integrated package that simulates aircrew chatter and passenger announcements.
There are no promo images for this game
- "B747 200: Ready for Pushback 2004" -- UK CD text title
Part of the Following Groups
|Very complex but beautifully explained, this is a keeper.||piltdown_man (153303)|
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Avsim's review of 747-200 Ready For Pushback (This is a review of the original release, the bug referred to in the GPS was fixed in the UK release and the UK release had a printed manual which it seems the early US release didn't have. Here an experienced review discusses the plane's realism both inside and outside the cockpit.)
Copyright (c) 2004: