- Bomber (1973 on Mainframe, 1979 on Commodore PET/CBM)
- Bomber (1977 on Arcade)
- Bomber (1977 on Ohio Scientific)
- Bomber (1978 on Apple II)
- Bomber (1979 on Ohio Scientific)
- Bomber (1980 on Commodore PET/CBM)
- Bomber (1980 on TRS-80)
- Bomber (1982 on VIC-20)
- Bomber (1982 on ZX Spectrum, VIC-20)
- Bomber (1982 on ZX81)
- Bomber (1984 on Amstrad CPC)
- Bomber (1993 on DOS)
- Bomber (1997 on Jupiter Ace)
- Bomber (2011 on Xbox 360)
Bomber is a variant of the Atari coin-op Canyon Bomber from 1977. A plane is constantly moving from the left to the right and reappearing on the left side after reaching the right border. With each line, the plane is loosing some height. On the ground there are towers which has to be destroyed before the plane is reaching the ground, which can be done by dropping bombs from the flying plane.
As the plane is moving automatically, a single button for dropping bombs is enough to play Bomber. After clearing all obstacles on the ground the game continues in a higher level. With each level progressed, the speed of the plane is increased and the towers on the ground are higher, making the game more difficult.
There are two theme sets: on with a plane and towers, and another with a zeppelin which has to destroy rocks in a lava landscape.
Credits (Linux version)
- MobyGames ID: 74848
Are you familiar with this game? Help document and preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by Jo ST.
Game added September 27th, 2015. Last modified February 22nd, 2023.