Forget everything you’ve learned about combat. Cobalt’s slo-mo mechanic lets you perform moves that other games can’t comprehend. Play through the story and discover answers to mysterious questions including: What happened to the humans? Why am I riding a space hamster? How is my cyborg head so good at deflecting bullets? Multiplayer is a less cryptic, though equally enjoyable affair: face off against friends and enemies in local or online multiplayer, learn the intricacies of over 80 maps and 67 weapons, and dominate the leaderboards.
- Enjoy 6 multiplayer modes on over 80 maps. Play locally or online.
- Wield over 37 ranged weapons, 33 melee weapons, 6 hand shields, and more...
- Use Cobalt's signature move - the combat roll - to deflect projectiles or line up sweet headshots.
- Take advantage of our automatic-extreme-slo-mo mechanic, to pull off sick manoeuvres like rocket punches, bullet deflects, or last-second goals
- Customise weapons and armour to your personal taste.
- Play through the story alone or in co-op. Tame wasps! Take part in unnecessary dancing mini-games. Make friends with birds then get sad when they explode into puff of feathers
Six game modes
- Survival Mode: Face off against waves of enemies, upgrading equipment between rounds.
- Combat and Speed challenges: test speed, agility and combat skills in a wealth of challenges. Take your place on the global leaderboards.
- Deathmatch: Go head to head in free-for-all showdowns or team-based battles.
- Team Strike: No respawns. Multiple rounds! Equipment upgrades! Cobalt’s most original mode.
- Plug Slam: The most popular sport in the Cobalt universe. Slam the plug into the goal to win. Don’t die!
- Story Mode: Discover the secrets of a remote colony alone or with a friend in local co-op. Includes puzzles, boss fights and tameable pets.
Cobalt is the brainchild of Oxeye Game Studio, which consists of Jens Bergensten, Daniel Brynolf, and Pontus Hammarberg. It’s published by Mojang.
Source: Steam Store Description
Credits (Windows version)
158 People (104 developers, 54 thanks) · View all
|Game Programming, Shader Programming, Tool Programming||
|Art Direction, 2D Art|
|Game Design, Map Design||
|Story Direction, Dialogue||
|Freelance Artist, Additional Art|
|Freelance Level Designer, Level Design Support|
|Music, Radio Commercials, Shop Jingles||
|Engine Programming, OS X Porting||
|Engine Design, Game Design, Map Design|
|Freelance Artist, Early Concept Artist|
|Freelance Artist, Concept Art and 2D Art|
|Research & Development, Philosopher||
|Text Proofing, Copy||
|Honesty and Optimism, Radio Cobalt, Bad Bad Influence||
|Life Support, Life Coach||
|Console port facilitator, Good Influence||
|Art Feedback, Widsom||
|Art Direction Assistance||
|[ full credits ]|
Average score: 75% (based on 2 ratings)
- MobyGames ID: 88436
- Steam App: 357340
Are you familiar with this game? Help document and preserve this entry in video game history!
Contributors to this Entry
Game added by Fredrik Henriksson.
Game added May 12th, 2017. Last modified September 12th, 2023.