Steam Store Description (from Ad Blurbs)How would you command your forces if you stood outside of time? Send your units forward and backward through time to the very moment when they're needed most? Double your forces by sending them back to fight side by side with their past selves? Would you execute a feint by executing an attack on their resources, and then change your original orders to target their production facilities? Or would you go deeper...
Achron is the world's first meta-time strategy game, allowing you to dynamically alter your past and future actions, send your units back and forth through time, even engineer temporal paradoxes that work to your advantage. Play through four single player campaigns, or then go online to face off against your friends in a fully dynamic temporal environment!
- The first game to ever feature competitive multiplayer time travel
- Time travel strategy allows for creative and subversive tactics which can be chained together to protect, undermine, escape, and set traps in nearly infinite combinations
- Move freely around the timeline to preempt your opponent's strategies, gather intelligence from different time frames, and undo tactical mistakes
- Send your forces forward and backward through time
- Up to 15 simultaneous players in a single game
- Order heirarchies allow for easy management of large groups of units across multiple time frames
- Unique RTS gameplay mechanics balanced by state-of-the-art mathematical game theory techniques
- Compelling and thought-provoking story
- 30+ hour single player experience of four single player campaigns, spanning 35 unique and engaging levels
- Includes level editor and SDK that allows players to easily create their own maps and game mods
- Achron's engine tackles classic time travel scenarios, including paradoxes, allowing players to effectively create their own fully fledged time travel stories in battle
There are no Windows user screenshots for this game.
There are 13 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|Indie Game Reviewer||Sep 14, 2011||70|
|The Escapist||Sep 02, 2011||70|
|XGN||Sep 07, 2011||7 out of 10||70|
|Mash Those Buttons||Sep 07, 2011||3.2 out of 5||64|
|Out Of Eight||Sep 10, 2011||5 out of 8||62|
|GameSpot||Aug 31, 2011||6 out of 10||60|
|IGN||Sep 16, 2011||5 out of 10||50|
|GamingExcellence||Sep 27, 2011||4.5 out of 10||45|
|GamePro (US)||Sep 01, 2011||2 out of 5||40|
|Bit-Tech||Sep 06, 2011||35 out of 100||35|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Achron (official website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.