🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Agent Hugo: RoboRumble > Copying Credits

St. Martyne (3648) on 12/23/2007 11:18 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I was going to submit the credits for the Windows platform for this game. But, I've noticed that the credits present for PS2 and mine are completely identical. Is there a way to copy the existing set to the Windows platform, or should they still be entered manually?

PS. And on a completely unrelated note, does anybody else enjoy seeing the games added to the database by developers themselves (like this one)? It's cool, but I can't see why. :)

Sciere (930490) on 12/23/2007 11:23 PM · Permalink · Report

Unfortunately there currently isn't a way to duplicate credits.

St. Martyne (3648) on 12/24/2007 12:07 PM · Permalink · Report

Oh, all right, I'll do it the old-fashioned way.

I am sure you'll be a good boy and implement that someday. Right now, though, this PS3 I am looking at here will have to wait another year. :-)

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 12/23/2007 11:29 PM · Permalink · Report

games added to the database by developers themselves (like this one)? It's cool, but I can't see why. :)

It reflects a pride in their work and a desire to be recognized and brush elbows with the industry legends... and best of all, they feel that this is a respectable and legitimate place to achieve that 8)

St. Martyne (3648) on 12/24/2007 12:09 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Don't so cynical. Isn't it wonderful that the base is being recognized everywhere and developers themselves provide the most accurate information possible?

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 12/24/2007 1:26 PM · Permalink · Report

Where's the cynicism? I thought that was one of the most upbeat things I've said here for yonks 8)

Martin Smith (81664) on 12/24/2007 2:41 PM · Permalink · Report

Some developers try to use the site as an ego boost or free advertising though - watch out for opinions especially closely with developer-added games.

DJP Mom (11333) on 12/24/2007 2:44 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

(never mind)

St. Martyne (3648) on 12/24/2007 10:53 PM · Permalink · Report

I was speaking more in terms of proper release dates, companies info, developers' photos and bios. Surely there's not much place for a subjective opinion to squeeze through.

Black_Rose (33) on 12/28/2007 1:01 AM · Permalink · Report

Do you have to scan game covers and game credits? Why is that? What if you had a very good memory and remembered the credits from the game you were playing, after completing it?

DJP Mom (11333) on 12/28/2007 1:54 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Black Rose wrote--]Do you have to scan game covers and game credits? Why is that? What if you had a very good memory and remembered the credits from the game you were playing, after completing it? [/Q --end Black Rose wrote--] Game covers must be scanned (or copied into an image program in the case of download-only games) to upload them to the database. You remembering a Sonic cover wouldn't do the rest of us any good without super-telepathic powers!

Not too many people have the kind of memory necessary to remember a whole set of game credits accurately, unless there are only a couple of names and titles involved. A scan or a screenshot of a credits page (or several pages) is necessary for Moby approvers to make sure the info is complete and correct.