DescriptionAlien Spy: Archaeology is one of a series of edutainment games set in an Australia. The basic premise is that an alien spy, Schlock, has landed on Earth and in order to learn more about us he/she/it must learn a profession and blend in. In this game Schlock is an archaeologist, other professions in the series include: marine biologist, and forensic scientist.
There’s no actual archaeology in this game, no representation of a dig site, no photographs of famous finds – nothing that would normally be expected of a title that focuses on archaeology. This series of games focuses on literacy, imparting some themed knowledge along the way.
The main game menu is the alien training room in the centre of which is a large shimmering crystal. The menu options are the five points around the outside of the crystal, as the cursor passes over one of these a text box pops up flickering between Schlock’s native tongue and English, one of the options is ‘Quit’, the others are:
- The Interro-Pod: this is a one or two player quiz. Each question has three possible answers. In the two player game player one ‘buzzes in’ with the ‘A’ key before answering while player two ‘buzzes in’ with the ‘B’ key.
- The Krypto-Pod: this is a form of interactive text adventure. Each screen consists of a block of text read by someone who sounds like John Cleese, at the end of each block the player has two options. The object is to get to the end of the adventure alive, with the mystery solved and with the treasure.
- The Stalker-Pod: this opens a single player, top down, isometric, keyboard controlled game called "Skulls of the Dead", naturally it is set in a cemetery. Here skulls randomly appear and the player must carry the while skulls to safety while smashing the red ones before they mutate and Schlock
- The Digi-Pod: this is not a computer game, it is a collection of 'real life' activities ranging from a recipe for a Roman beefburger to ancient encryption techniques.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Archeology Adventure Game" -- Title of GSP's Piggy Bank release
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.