Written by  :  Martin Smith (66855)
Written on  :  Jun 18, 2004
Platform  :  Amiga

read more reviews by Martin Smith

Summary

Laughable compared to TV Sports and Madden; generally primitive

The Good

The name conjures up an image of an exciting moment in a match, as well as being confusing to non-followers of the sport.

The Bad

There's no proper tournament to play - just one-off matches - which kills any long-term gameplay.

The feel is very sluggish, with passes very hard to play accurately as a result. TV Sports Football is twice as fast, infinitely prettier and a year older.

The playbook is quite limited, and a lot of the moves are difficult to pull off.

The reissue was sold as being A1200 compatible even though the graphics were almost unbearably corrupted on such a system (the technical issue is excusable given the game's age, the packaging thoroughly fraudulent.

It's one of the least stable games I've ever played, crashing so often that your chances of completing a quarter, let alone a whole match, are slim.

The Bottom Line

A football (that's American Football) game of minimal quality. More Lemon of Troy than Troy Aikman.