DescriptionF/A-18 Interceptor is a flight simulator in which you can fly either a F-16 Falcon or a F/A-18 Hornet jet. The game is set in the Bay Area; you can either just fly around, perform several maneuvers, or fly one of six missions that are set in the Cold War. In those missions, you have to protect the president's Air Force One, intercept enemy aircraft, rescue a downed pilot, and save the city of San Francisco from being blasted into oblivion by a nuclear cruise missile.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
- Aircraft: F-16 Fighting Falcon
- Aircraft: F/A-18 Hornet
- Games with code-wheel copy protection
- Setting: City - San Francisco
|One of the best Amiga Flight Sims||Ken0x (62)|
|ACE (Advanced Computer Entertainment)||Oct, 1988||934 out of 1000||93|
|The Games Machine (UK)||Jul, 1988||92 out of 100||92|
|Commodore User||Jun, 1988||9 out of 10||90|
|Amiga Action||Jan, 1991||84 out of 100||84|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Dec, 1990||82 out of 100||82|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Jul, 1988||9.6 out of 12||80|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Jul, 1988||8 out of 10||80|
|Amiga Joker||Sep, 1991||70 out of 100||70|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Aug, 1988||Unscored||Unscored|
There are currently no topics for this game.
SoundIf you have more than 512KB RAM, you'll hear a tune by Dave Warhol over the title screen and menu. Without the extra memory, you're limited to the sound you hear during a mission briefing.
- October 1988 (issue #13) - Included in the Top-100 list of 1987/1988 (editorial staff selection)
- Amiga Power
- May 1991 (Issue #00) - #62 in the "All Time Top 100 Amiga Games"
- Computer and Video Games
- Issue 06/1989 - Runner-up Golden Joystick Award 1989 for Best 16-Bit Simulation Game (reader's vote)
- Computer Gaming World
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) - #87 in the “150 Best Games of All Time” list