Forums > Game Forums > Goblins Quest 3 > Box for CD-ROM Version

Edwin Drost (9295) on 1/22/2017 11:49 PM · Permalink · Report

The Enhanced CD-ROM Version of the game comes in a box who has the same appearance as the US Jewel case CD-ROM that is in the Cover Art. Will upload/post its picture as soon as possible. (at parents place)

Edwin Drost (9295) on 1/23/2017 5:24 PM · Permalink · Report

Here they are;

1) Front Cover of the box;

2) Back Cover of the Box;

3) The side of the Box with the UPC;

Edit: I'm not sure how to put this in the Cover Art. Are there two versions of the US version of this game? One that has only the Jewel case and one that has everything in a box.

PS: As far I can remember there is also an US version Goblins Quest like this that has 3.5 disks and one for Windows of the year 1995 or something.

Rwolf (22739) on 1/23/2017 6:02 PM · Permalink · Report

Aren't your images from the floppy version?

There is a scan with a similar label on the box side for this 3.5" floppy version here: http://www.sierragamers.com/uploads/24082/The_Games/goblins_3_c.jpg

Edwin Drost (9295) on 1/23/2017 6:38 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

No. I actually have the CD-ROM version. It looks like this;

I have an idea that there are/were two boxes like this; The one that I got with the CD-ROM and there is one with the 3.5 Disks.

Rwolf (22739) on 1/23/2017 7:41 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Maybe the covers we have are for a re-release version, or the outer covers are lost on that one.

I note the codes on moby's covers on front & back don't quite match up.

Possibly it's a part code for the inlays in the package, maybe the same codes might be on your inlays for the jewel case? Then it could be the same release, if not it's a second printing.

Sometimes I've seen the same box reprinted with fresh press reviews, when the first one lacked any, being too early for reviews to have been made.

What would the 'enhanced' thing be, you think? Video/Audio? (Assuming there is an non-enhanced CD version)

Edwin Drost (9295) on 1/24/2017 3:03 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Here's the pictures of the CD-ROM that was included with the Box that I have;

The front;

The back;

It could be possible that the Moby's covers have been removed from the jewel case to get a better job with scanning.

Enchanted? Well. It IS described like that on the Releases. I'm not sure at this moment if there is a regular CD version.There is the 3.5 Disks and the CD-ROM version.

I shall insert my pictures/scans in the Cover Art. but I do wonder if the packaging should be changed from Jewel box to Box. That is because it DID came in a box, right?

PS: Should not the 3.5 version of Goblins Quest 3 be included as well? Also was not there one for Windows or something?

PSS: Okay. I went to the Cover Art and pressed "Add Covers to this group" at the Jewel Case US. Then I uploaded the two covers of the Box (back and front) and pressed save. Now I get "Internal Server Error" and all. What happened and why? Or should I use and press the contribute button and all? If you know what I mean. Will try that now.Nope. The same thing happened.

Update: It worked!

Update1: Okay. It will ask me if I want to add more covers and all and I did. If I press save afterwards it will give me an "Internal Server Error" again. Is this usual?

My apologies if there is/was any doubles of the scans. Sorry.

Terok Nor (41846) on 1/24/2017 4:09 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Edwin Drost wrote--] Edit: I'm not sure how to put this in the Cover Art. Are there two versions of the US version of this game? One that has only the Jewel case and one that has everything in a box. [/Q --end Edwin Drost wrote--]

Most likely the contributor of those jewel case scans only had the case (but not the box), even though it originally came in a box just like yours. It is highly unlikely it was sold on its own like that because there is no product code anywhere to be seen.

So if you want to upload scans, yours should replace the existing ones.

Edwin Drost (9295) on 1/24/2017 4:51 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I accidentally uploaded the scan of the Front Box with "Add Covers to this group", (I shall also upload the Back Cover of the Box) because the contribute and all gave for some reason an "Internal Server Error". Sorry.

How to replace my scan with the other front Cover? (It can been seen if you press contribute and then Cover Art)

Should I delete the cover that can be seen in Cover Group information that I uploaded before and then press contribute and then Cover Art and then DOS, Jewel Case, United States and then Upload the Front and Back Cover of the Box? Sorry if I am a bit unclear.

PS: It gave an "Internal Server Error" if I press contribute and then Cover Art and then DOS, Jewel Case, United States and then Upload the Back Cover of the Box. Question; At the bottom there is Cover Group information and the one that I uploaded before. Does it interfere with new uploads and all? Because of the "Internal Server Error".

Edit: It was too big when you're using .png.

Edwin Drost (9295) on 1/31/2017 9:51 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I have to rewrite the package, so that mean that I must make a new group of covers, right?

Edit: Is it okay that I made a new group of Covers and now with Box? Should I now cancel the other one?

Tracy Poff (2094) on 1/31/2017 9:57 AM · Permalink · Report

An approver will be able to make that change, if you cannot. Just explain what needs to be done in the 'notes to approver' when you submit the covers.

Edwin Drost (9295) on 1/31/2017 10:35 AM · Permalink · Report

I was not sure how to proceed so I already just made a new group of Covers and now with Box. I hope that it is okay and I'm sorry if it was not. Should I now cancel the other one?

Tracy Poff (2094) on 1/31/2017 7:22 PM · Permalink · Report

If you've already uploaded the covers to a new group, you can abandon the ones you added to the old one (by following the 'more info' link from the homepage and clicking the 'abandon this submission' link for them).

Don't feel bad about small mistakes; things around here can be a little complicated for new users, I know. We hope to improve that, in the future, but in the meantime, just ask whenever you have questions. No one could fault you for trying to do the right thing!

Edwin Drost (9295) on 2/4/2017 11:58 AM · Permalink · Report

Already done. This is how the front of the Jewel case that was inside of the box look like;

Edwin Drost (9295) on 2/6/2017 6:40 PM · Permalink · Report

The back of the Jewel Case that was inside of the box;

PS: I will scan the spine of the box as soon as possible. Just keep it in "Work in Progress" until a new version will replace it.