🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > King's Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella > It's not possible to visit the island at night, or is it?

Nowhere Girl (8680) on 1/22/2017 10:30 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I really enjoy comparing how do places look during daytime and night in games with a day-night cycle. Perhaps especially hi-res EGA games, because they have such lush graphics... I was very curious about how could Genesta's island look at night, but I couldn't get there. Rosella just can't seem to reach the island, gets tired and drowns. I also tried some debug, but, if I remember well, the game crashed when I tried it. Maybe someone could confirm if it is or isn't possible to get there at night?

Pseudo_Intellectual (66360) on 1/26/2017 6:57 AM · Permalink · Report

That sounds very Sierra. Should we pay someone to recolour this location for nighttime? No, just throw a line of code in that kills the player instead.

Nowhere Girl (8680) on 1/26/2017 11:00 AM · Permalink · Report

You know, it sounds almost like a challenge... I'm a total amateur - I don't have sophisticated image programs, can't even use new Paint and actually prefer good old Paint XP (a Windows 7-compatible version exists especially for those who can't figure out new Paint) - but I can draw a bit in Paint and maybe I could try doing a night version of an island scenery. But how do I post it here if I create it?

Pseudo_Intellectual (66360) on 1/29/2017 3:53 PM · Permalink · Report

just put the image in a dropbox or google drive directory and give us a shared link to it.