🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Legend of Faerghail > developer commentary

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 5/31/2015 3:16 PM · Permalink · Report

The CRPG Addict was never able to finish this game due to several game-breaking bugs, but his analysis did lure out one of the game's original developers to lend some interesting insight into the creation of the game: http://crpgaddict.blogspot.ca/2015/05/1990-loose-end-1-legend-of-faerghail.html

Freeman (65099) on 5/31/2015 8:38 PM · Permalink · Report

Yes, I enjoy his site's comment section for that very reason. When he reviewed Dungeon & Wilderness Campaign, Robert Clardy stopped by to give some interesting background info on the game's history.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 6/1/2015 4:50 AM · Permalink · Report

To be sure, this isn't the first time this has happened, just this time I reposted the link while it was still hot off the presses 8)

Игги Друге (46653) on 6/1/2015 12:53 PM · Permalink · Report

Olaf Barthel is a legend in Amiga circles. He's made lots of essential utilities and contributes to the operating system to this day, I believe. It's interesting that he has had a background as a game developer as well, though I've seen his name as a utility coder in other games credits before.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 6/3/2015 5:19 AM · Permalink · Report

Nice to see that the shared link is proving itself interesting so quickly! One nice thing about these forums, we definitely do have the hyper-focused shared interest in effect!